Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who else enjoys giving the men in their life feminine styles?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who else enjoys giving the men in their life feminine styles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Muffy905 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muffy905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 1:47pm
i bleached and permed my bf hair.  very funny.  i don't think we will do it again.
x muffy o
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2009 at 2:09pm
Try not to be too judgmental, ladies! It is a simple, if seldom spoken, truth that a significant portion of the male population enjoy wearing long and pretty hair and perhaps some other feminine things as well. I think guys like us just have a bit more in common with you womenfolk than most guys.

I have always loved long hair and hairstyling. While I never had a helpful spouse like some of the posters, I've had my share of girlfriends who loved long hair, too. My dad wouldn't let me have long hair as a teen, but upon moving out on my own, I immediately let it grow and began setting it in good ole Goody brush curlers to get it to turn under at my chin. Feminine styles just seemed to suit me and most people have seemed to think they look good on me, too. In the 80's I wore a Sheena Easton-inspired mullet style, a long layered curly style and a long-straight style. By '94 my hair was inches above my waist and, while fine textured, looked very good because a had a great conditioning ritual. Then I cut my hair short for a boring office job in big company and hated the job and the hairstyle for the next decade.

I'm now self-employed and am again happily long haired. This time, I've gone for more of a 60s-inspired chin-length flip. I use curlers about every other wash to encourage the flip. I'm sure I occasionally get taken for a lady from the right angle, but generally people react well to my look, because I wear a good cut an style it well.

I've enjoyed this thread and hope it inspires more women to appreciate how long hair styling can be fun for guys, too.
nefilim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nefilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 3:57am
Hi all, only just found this site. I have very long hair, mid back length. Always doing various styles and colours with it.

Any way I'm off to get it permed today, loads of tight bouncy curls for me. So if you are in or around the London area of the UK and fancy meeting up and watching me get my hair done then drop me a message.

I'll post pics when I get back. Will be a exciting day.
HairyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 6:39pm
^Same as dude above ;)
Though i look like someone did some photoshop with me!
decken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 5:23pm
The best way to compromise when it comes to paint colors to mix and match. You can paint the walls a light colour female but darker accent furniture trim or masculine.
PaigeP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaigeP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 6:31pm

I am so glad I found this thread! I’ve been dating a guy for just over a year who’s growing his hair out. I’ve gotten him to start going to my stylist & she just trimmed his layers so it’s in a bob, all one length, just off his shoulders. She’s added blonde highlights so it’s kind of a honey-streaked auburn color right now – just gorgeous. She also suggested we start adding some volume and wave – she said she could do it on rollers at the salon but we might want to try at home first.

So one Saturday morning last month I sat him down and put him up in my hot rollers. He looked sooooo cute in rollers, and his hair was just adorable when I took it down. He’s not so keen on the hot rollers so I’m looking for other ways to do his hair in curls, including roller sets at the salon. We’ll see….

I’m hoping after it grows a bit more he’ll let me really start styling it, putting it up, etc. I have a bunch of questions – I’d love to hear from any gals who are feminizing their man’s hairdos!

1.      How did you get your man comfortable using rollers?

2.      What sort of cut does your guy have? Does he change it?

3.      What accessories do you use? Do you get “men’s” hair clips & barrettes or just share your own? What about headbands?

4.      Is your guy comfortable wearing his hair up – like in a high ponytail, or a bun?

5.      Do you do other styles on him, like French braids? Will he wear them in public?

6.      What sort of reactions have you gotten from friends, family, co-workers, etc?

7.      Does your guy wear other femme stuff? Did doing his hair lead to other feminine accessories, nail polish, makeup etc.?

Thanks so much!

Paige

Stacey_M1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey_M1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 4:53pm
Hi Paige, welcome to Hair Talk! I think you'll find a few gals here who enjoy playing beauty parlor with their SO's Smile Your situation sounds very similar to ours a few years ago. Blair (my husband) has been wearing his hair long, and in femme styles, for a while now. I set it on rollers a few times a week, and he usually wears it back in a headband at work.  On the weekends I like to do him up -- pigtails, curls, braids, high ponytails, barrettes.  I love doing his hair, and going to the salon together, and he's pretty much resigned to it -- actually he enjoys it as much as I do. I think many men secretly love being fussed over, and looking pretty, & I love hearing from other couples with unisex hairdos!

To answer your questions:

1. I sort of didn't give him a choice. I use velcro rollers, and when his hair got to his shoulders I told him it was time to give it some oomph. Luckily he's actually turned on when he's in his rollers -- we definitely enjoy our "curler parties!"Wink
2. His hair is just below his shoulders, all one length except for long sideswept bangs. Every year or so I have it whacked off into a chinlength bob -- super cute!!
3. I started out sharing my barrettes n stuff, but gradually he's picked out his own. He doesn't go for the flowery stuff, usually, but we have similar tastes so we tend to share our accessories.
4. Oh yeah. I made a rule early on: "No boring guy's ponytails." So I tend to do his ponytails high, with either a scrunchy or a barrette or a ribbon. Yep, I even make him wear hairbows!
5. See above. For special occasions I like to do him in a singe French braid, or in curls with the crown pulled back in a barrette. We were just at a wedding last weekend and I did him in a "messy updo" -- he looked darling.
6. We live in Southern Cal and the reactions we get are pretty blase, to tell the truth.  My Mom and sisers live nearby and they are big fans of Blair & of his girly hairdos.  When we're out with his friends I let him tone it down a bit.  His office is totally cool with it -- like I said he wears a headband most days.
7. For sure. Toenail polish (always), light makeup daily, and he's become a skirt-wearer. Half the time he's dressed more girlish than me! It's been an interesting journey.

I hope this helps -- Good luck & please keep us posted!

Edited by Stacey_M1996 - March 30 2012 at 4:54pm
longwavy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longwavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 1:55pm
Stacey,
Your husband is so lucky to have someone like you. I wish my wife would want to experiment with my hair they way you do. It would also be fun to experiment with nail polish, makeup, pretty earings and jewelry.
PaigeP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaigeP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 2:18pm

Omigod – hairbows?? Really? That’s so cute!

Thanks so much for your response, it’s really helpful. I’m not sure how far we want to take this but it’s tons of fun to think about doing him in ‘girly dos’. I’m so pleased to hear there’s other gals that like styling their man’s hair. I hope you don’t mind if I pepper you with questions!

1.      So did he agree to all that, or did you have to do some “convincing”? Has he always had long hair or did you get him started growing it out?

2.      What kind of rollers do y’all use? How often do you curl his hair?

3.      What’s a “messy updo”? Was he in guys’ clothes for the wedding?

4.      You have to tell me about the hairbows. Does he really wear them in public?

As for us, I’m still getting TJ used to the idea of women’s hairstyling. Luckily I have a super stylist and she’s really encouraging him to be bold. The other day we were going out to the market and to run some errands and I put him in braided pigtails and I said Pleease and batted my eyelashes and he wore them out …. & the world didn’t come to an end, and he wore it that way the rest of the day. Progress!

nightshade002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightshade002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 7:02pm
Heya PaigeP

My girlfriend had similar request 5 years ago (we are now married) - and I had posted on this forum - she wanted me to have long hair

Initially i didnt like the idea much and refused for a looong time ... finally gave in and we started growing our hair out together .... within 2 years I had mid back length .... I have dark brown hair and she is more on reddish side .... also I would always wear it in low ponytail .... she did request lots with to spice it up but i refused .... later that year I had to relocate to Atlanta for work for 6 months ... while I was away I learnt to sytle my hair and when I got back surprised her with a gorgeous updo ....
she was very excited .... since then we have been styling each others hair ... its a very special bonding feeling .... we visit the salon together though both have different stylists ....

She loves femenizing my hair and I have really started enjoying it .... I dont do cuurls though .... she puts my hair in high ponytails, braids - french, dutch, english ... we have experimented with various hemlines too .... i like hers in Uish while I do a V ... she likes the look of V hair in a high pony ...

Answering some of your questions -

1.      How did you get your man comfortable using rollers?

I dont like my hair curled - I have thick straight hair and both of us like it that way .... I sometimes do waves by doing many small braids overnight ....

2.      What sort of cut does your guy have? Does he change it?

While I was growing it out I had Bob, Shoulder, Mid Back all the way to waist .... I now maintain it at BSL ...

3.      What accessories do you use? Do you get “men’s” hair clips & barrettes or just share your own? What about headbands?

We share accessories .... i like more pastel tones of blue and green ... but will happily sport pink :)

4.      Is your guy comfortable wearing his hair up – like in a high ponytail, or a bun?

Initially i wasnt but now YES - high pony for outdoor activities / work outs - french braid at work and buns and updos for occasions

5.      Do you do other styles on him, like French braids? Will he wear them in public?

yes

6.      What sort of reactions have you gotten from friends, family, co-workers, etc?

My sisters love her for making me grow hair out .... friends and others not too different reaction

7.      Does your guy wear other femme stuff? Did doing his hair lead to other feminine accessories, nail polish, makeup etc.?
We do lot of stuff together .... I have become lot more open to femme side of me .... once in a while will get my brows done ... mani/pedi whenever we visit the salon .... i donot apply nail polish but am open to it ... makeup very occasionally .... we do sometimes dress up together ..  but not for public occasions

Hope this helps .... please keep us posted on your progress and girl let me know and I can get you in touch with my wifey ... will be glad toa dvice

Edited by nightshade002 - May 14 2012 at 7:24pm
Karen
nightshade002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightshade002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 11:26am
Heya !! Question to girl who like long hair or SO .... low long do you like it ? Shoulder, BSL, Waist, Super Long .........

Would you like them to help in dressing your hair up ? .... Do they like doing it ?

I have learnt bunch of styles and play her Hair Stylist role .... not cutting ... but can do may hair dos and styling - curls, blow dry and mini trims
Karen
PaigeP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaigeP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 4:07pm
Nightshade, thanks so much for your reply! I love it that you were willing to go along with your gal's hairstyling urges. Your hair sounds gorgeous. I would lovelovelove to communicate with your wife. Can you have her personal message me here please?
rene84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rene84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 5:47am
This is amazing! I've never really felt the urge to post before but this topic fascinates me. I always used to go on to my girlfriend about how much I loved her hair to the extent that she encouraged me to keep growing mine. For a long time I refused to let her enjoyment of styling my hair become something that I would be willing to indulge in public but that changed two weeks ago when she persuaded me to go out with it in a ponytail tied with a ribbon. I was petrified at the prospect but it was absolutely great and I suspect now there will be no barrier to any kind of do in the future! 
A serious point - what makes women enjoy giving guys feminine hairstyles to much?! 
karenpetal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karenpetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2012 at 12:20am
Hi nightshade -

Your hair sounds gorgeous -

My BF is also growing his hair out - it was his decision and I am very supportive - recently he has been styling it very girly - it was strange to me but seems from this thread many guys like to feminine -

Any suggestions how can I support him ?

K

hi_crossy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi_crossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2012 at 2:25am

Edited by hi_crossy - January 04 2015 at 1:23pm
abc
PaigeP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaigeP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 4:00pm

Hi, it’s been a while since I checked in here so I thought I’d give an update on my SO’s hair adventures. I think it’s fabulous that this post has gotten so much rersponse (& thanks for the PMs, too!).

We’ve been taking a step at a time since I first wrote. TJ’s hair is all one-length, right at his shoulders. I really want him to do a chin-length bob but we’ll probably wait till next spring to do that – I usually cut mine that way for summer & it’ll be super-cute to be twinkies! My hair’s naturally blonde and we’ve been increasing his highlights so now he’s just a shade darker than me. For work he just wears it behind his ears, usually with a headband, or in a low ponytail. In the evenings & weekends I really like to do him in curls. I got an old-fashioned bonnet dryer and I set his hair in medium-size Velcro rollers and dry it under the dryer. Once he’s dry I take the rollers out and pin his  curls and have him sleep in a hairnet. It gives him big bouncy curls that last for a couple of days! (Of course I have to go through the same routine.) Or I’ll do us both in rollers on Saturday morning and we’ll let them air dry for the day. He’s even worn his rollers in public a couple of times!

I’ve gradually been adding accessories, too. He’s gotten used to wearing headbands and doesn’t think twice about them, for work or elsewhere. Last month I finally got him to wear a ribbon on his ponytail – just a navy velvet bow. It took a lot of courage for him to go out like that but luckily he got a couple of compliments, and he wears a hairbow about once a week now. My current fave do on him is to roll his hair on big rollers, then put it up in a semi-high ponytail with a bow. He looks so adorable like that with his gold hoop earrings!

So we’ve had a lot of fun pressing his boundaries. I’d say the response has been about 80% positive.  It’s so nice that a guy can try different feminine hairstyles these days! I’d love to hear more from guys and gals who are into unisex hairstyling!

Edited by PaigeP - September 01 2012 at 2:15pm
hi_crossy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi_crossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 4:38pm

Edited by hi_crossy - January 04 2015 at 1:22pm
abc
Stacey_M1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey_M1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2012 at 4:15pm
Paige, that's so cute that your SO will wear a ribbon! I'll have to tell my guy he's not the only one in a hairbowWink Actually I had another sighting a few weeks ago -- my 12-year-old niece is in all-star cheerleading and they had a big competition in Dallas and I went down with them. On Saturday we saw a squad that had a long-haired boy whose hair was done just like the girls: up in a high curly ponytail with a bow! He looked super-cute. We were talking to some other Moms and one of them said she's seen a guy in their district who wears the full girls' outfit. It's nice to see that guys are gaining more clothes-and-hair freedom. Please update us when you can!
Best, S
malelonglocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malelonglocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2012 at 5:58pm
Hi, I have thorougly enjoyed reading this post and I must say I commend all the ladies and guys soo much that enjoy embracing femininity :) I, myself, have been given feminine makeovers plenty of times and each one has been fantastic. I loved wearing dresses and getting beautiful makeup done and having my long hair done in bouncy curls and high ponytails and pigtails :) I have actually been transitioning from a male to a female and I can now fully enjoy being girly all the time and i love it :) My boyfriend is growing his hair long and I love doing cute styles on him. If anyone would like to pm or ask anything please do? much love :)
Going to awesome lengths
Swissboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swissboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 8:18am
Hi PaigeP & Stacey.

I have just found this site. I like the topics and posts.
It is nice to know that there are other couples who enjoy their hair and that I am not the only guy who wears hair bows.

By way of background, my mum kept my hair long as a boy and my first recollection is of her putting clips in my hair.
When I was about 7, my hair was to my shoulder blades and I normally wore it in a pony tail. For a fancy dress party, she curled my hair, tied it up in ribbons and put me in a dress. She did this for 2 or 3 more parties.

When I got married I had a bobbed hair cut and when at home would often wear bobby pins to keep my hair off my face.
One day (about 5 years ago) my wife said to me "why don't you grow your hair so we can have fun."
She started with a few clips and barrettes and as it grew would curl the ends.
When my hair got to shoulder blade length she put it in large velcro rollers for big curls. I then mentioned my childhood experience - well the flood gates opened and the boundaries were soon pushed back. Hair bows became a regular feature
My hair is now almost to waist length, my wife's is to her tail bone. We are always curling each others hair and styling it with hair bows, even making hair bows with our hair. There is generally a different style each evening At weekends, we wash each others hair, set in in rollers, let it air dry, enjoy the feeling of soft curls down our backs when the rollers are taken out, then style it with ribbons and other hair jewellery.
If we are staying in at home, she puts me in a dress.

I have only worn hair bows in the privacy of our home. My wife is keen for me to go out wearing hair bows but I have not yet plucked up the courage.
We have been invited to a fancy dress party in the near future. Is this the time to do it, what do you think.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic