Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who else enjoys giving the men in their life feminine styles?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who else enjoys giving the men in their life feminine styles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
MicHB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicHB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2013 at 9:50pm
While I was dating my future wife, I fell in love with her hair and everything associated with it. I loved her side combs. She would have either one side or both sides pulled back. On her next birthday, I gave her a box of tort hair accessories including side combs, a banana barrette, barrettes, and a headband with the little comb teeth under the edges. Perhaps, I was being too forward. I told her to open it on birthday because I had to go back to college. I was kind of relieved. I was shaking so bad. I was afraid so would have thought I was some kind of nut. While studying for an exam on seventeenth century literature, she called me on the phone. I broke into a sweat but she said she was overjoyed. That was my first encounter. TO shorten this message, that led to me eventually letting my hair grow when we were married and placing side combs in my hair up on the side like she did. That led to combs with a high ponytail with a coms on the side as well as one under the pony. That led to barrettes and then to plastic headbands with teeth pulled back tight in conditioned hair. It gives it a tiny comb look. In any case, we would go places and work out in the yard having matching accessories. I eventually bought some of the things myself. This is true today. There seems no barriers between my wife and I. She get angry if I don't wear them very often. I am blessed.
time for change
MicHB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicHB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2013 at 9:55pm
One style that I really love is combing the hair back smooth with serum with a rattail comb and ten sliding on a tort headband with the teeth under the edges straight back as the ears. I kind have like it with out the poof. It is good working in the garden or outside if it is hot. I love the smooth look. Does anyone agree that this is a good style even though I am a man?
time for change
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 12:16pm
Well, MicHB, I've never worn a plastic headband, but it seems like a good idea. They can create a very smooth fairly formal look and keep hair out of your face well. I think they've got quite a few over in the Hair Boutique Marketplace. I may stroll over there and pick one up (disclaimer: this was not a deliberate plug!).
MicHB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicHB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2013 at 2:26pm
Did I say something wrong. What does not a deliberate plug mean?
time for change
MrRapunzel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRapunzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2014 at 2:27am
First I want to start by saying I'm a guy. I want to offer my perspective. I grew up in the 1960s. Dad was a marine drill sergeant and Mom was a flower child. They divorced when I was 10. They had fought over just about everything including me and me included my hair length. Mom would go on about how beautiful my hair was and Dad wanted me to have a buzz cut like a real man. So after the divorce Dad decided he wanted to go back to Nam and rack up some more medals for his chest and got himself killed. He ended up with three purple hearts and at least one of everything that marines could get short of the medal of honor. Yes I'm a little bitter still after all these years that he chose to go get himself killed rather than be with his family but that's not what this post is about.

Mom got sick with cancer a few months later and so I went to live with my aunt and cousins for a couple of years. Miraculously Mom went into remission and eventually was completely cured which was rare in those days. So when I was 12 I got to go back and live with my Mom again. She hadn't seen me in nearly two years and she was in for a bit of a shock but then so was I.

Mom had lost a lot of weight and her hair was completely gone. I had grown a few inches and my hair had gone from being a military buzz cut style to over a foot long, nearly to the middle of my back. You should have seen the look on our faces when we looked at each other. She couldn't keep her hands off my hair. She didn't have any of her own for the longest time so she lived vicariously through me. She put it up in curlers (my hair was somewhat wavy, light blonde and curled a bit at the ends.) blow dried it, braided it, put it up in a bun, pony tail, pig tails, pretty much every conceivable way you could play with hair she played with mine. I missed my mom terribly and all this hair play was for me an excuse to experience some wholesome physical affection I had missed since my mom got sick. My mom probably felt the same but I could tell she just missed having hair to do stuff with so she did stuff with mine. It took about a year for her hair to grow back out again and look fairly normal. In that year my hair grew another six inches and our daily hair play continued.

By the time I was 16 Mom had graduated from cosmetology school, had long since grown back her own mane of blond hair and no longer needed a substitute head of hair to play with but continued anyways. It was 1976 and my hair was longer than anyone else's in my high school and that included the girls. It had been six years since I had my last hair cut and it was down to my butt. Mom regularly put my hair in a French braid which had evolved out of just a single braid. My classmates had just gotten so used to seeing me always with the long hair that nearly any way my hair was didn't phase anyone. I had definitely made up for all those years in my early youth forced to endure military hair style and ridicule for same.

At my HS graduation I had my hair in a French braid again but by this time my hair was nearly at knee level. Also by this time my classmates had started to call me Rapunzel or occasionally Mr. Rapunzel.

I had one girlfriend in high school and like my mom, she loved playing with my hair. I was a bit embarrassed the first time she put my hair in pigtails at school but after some ribbing pretty much nobody seemed to notice too much and I found pigtails a little more comfortable than a single pony tail due to there being a little less weight on each pigtail.

My girlfriend and I parted ways at graduation, I went to art school and she wanted to be an English teacher so we went to different schools. At art school I met my future wife. I knew she was the one when she sat down next to me in watercolor class on the first day and was all over my French braid telling me how sexy I was and brave I was wearing such a feminine style. To me it was just a convenient and comfortable style to keep my hair back and together. She kept wrapping it around her arm and burying her face in it so I figured I would ask her out. Four years later we got married. She joked about how I should be the one to wear the wedding dress since I had the hair for it. Her read hair was waist length and has been ever since.

I keep my hair in a bun these days and it has quite a bit of grey in it but I still have not had it cut since I was 10 and that is 44 years now. It takes forever to clean but my wife and daughters don't seem to mind helping.

The only thing I have regretted is waiting until ten to grow it out.   
Mic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 12:08am
I normally wear my hair back in either a plastic teeth Alice Band or pulled back in side combs. On rare occasions, I worn barrettes with my wife. I only buy accessories from women’s accessory companies like Camila Paris, Tegen, Parcelona, or from Glitz4Girlz because the accessories last for years. Even though I am a man, I know that women would not buy things that did not last. Most things marked unisex like side combs, teeth headbands, barrettes, and so forth are cheaply made, break easily, cut the scalp or bend out of shape. When we were first married, my hair was down to my shoulders. We would wear a ponytail lifted up and tied with either an elastic band or a ponytail comb ring that had teeth on the sides like a rat tail comb with either side combs or a plastic teeth Alice band. I would travel alone or with her with them in. I received compliments from ladies saying my hair looks nice back in a Alice band even my stylist likes it. I never have gotten a negative comment. Most men look the other way. Men have a bad time getting out of their man box and would do nothing that strangers would question. Hair accessories can be so functional. Men have to get over it. I have always loved hair accessories and always will. I feel men will be more receptive because the use of accessories is growing. Thanks for reading.
Mic
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 1:22pm
Nice post, Mic. I've long since ignored my "man box", but you've tried some new ones on me. I just looked up the Alice Band and ponytail comb ring and will have to try those. My hair is getting a bit thinner than I care for, so I sometimes wear one of the gadgets that hide inside your pt under the band to make it look a bit bigger. I also want to pick up a pt hairpiece or two for added fill, but it's not not easy to match color to those things when you don't dye your hair.

While looking up these things I just ran across something called a "Ponytail Cone Holder" that looks cool. I'm going to have to get one of those, too.
Mic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 9:19pm
thank you for reading
Mic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic