Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhy are the banana clips sold in twos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are the banana clips sold in twos?
    Posted: April 10 2003 at 7:46pm

http://mp.hairboutique.com/list.asp?CtgID=111&PageNo=4

Why two? Can't buying one be an option?

Another question while I'm on the subject... do these: HB HairJewels- Pastel Banana Clips - White Frost...have "teeth"
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 8:43pm
They appear to be like "duckbill" clips. No teeth. Just a really tight clip . They are usually used as a type clip to hold a French ( umm.......Freedom) twist.

Sorta like a clothespin would be.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 9:47pm
Oooh. Those are nice. Just like the ones you recommended to me the other day! Not bad for $5.95. I just paid $2.50 for one clip that wasn't that nice and will probably damage my hair.

Maybe they make you buy 2 because charging you half that for one wouldn't make it worth the postage...? You wouldn't want to spend $3 in postage for a $3 hair clip. Or at least I wouldn't.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Karen Marie Shelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Marie Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2003 at 11:51pm
Hi,

Well there are a couple reasons why some banana clips are sold in pairs...and some aren't. If you notice in the HairBoutique.com Marketplace banana clip section, some of the more ornate Austrian Crystal and "couture" clips are sold as a "single" clip. This is because they are a lot more expensive and more ornate. Many people would generally only wear one of the clips with their style. For the less expensive clips we are required to purchase them in pairs from our distributors.........hence we sell them in pairs.

And, you are right about the cost of shipping and fullfillment. In general, anything that sells for less than about $3.50 an item will cost too much to pick, pack and post to make it worthwhile offering. It does take time to pick and pack every item that leaves the HB warehouse and the cost of fulfillment is factored into the overall cost of the products. When the less expensive banana clips are sold in pairs it makes them a more reasonable product offering.

We don't put a "minimum purchase" requirement on anything in the HairBoutique.com Marketplace - as some Internet stores do - but as a general rule of thumb we do try to at least break even on any items we sell. :-) And yes, we do try to make a fair margin although on some smaller items like the banana clips the margins are paperthin.

We do have several customers that will buy several pairs of the least expensive clips and will then sell them to their friends and keep just one of each pair in different colors. That is another option.

Hope that answers the pairs question. If not, please let me know and I will be very happy to discuss further. :-)

I will confess that the hair accessories are my favorite things in the Marketplace. Some of the HB.com guys would be happy to just stop selling any hair accessories but they would have to get rid of me first. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic