Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedL. Erickson Headband Questions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clarabell View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarabell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L. Erickson Headband Questions?
    Posted: June 08 2003 at 12:01pm
To Karen or whomever,

I just saw the new collection of L. Erickson headbands and I noticed that the description said that some of the bands are made with vintage Dupioni silk? Is that right? Real Dupioni? Also, are the images what the headbands really look like are they approximations? Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 8:09pm
Hi Clarabell,

Oh my god...you would not believe these headbands. It is all I can do not to buy all of them myself. Yes, it is real, genuine Dupioni in vintage patterns. The actual Dupioni (so soft and luxurious) is imported from France but is hand sewn by ladies in a small town outside of Seattle. It takes several weeks to receive an order.

When we received the very first L. Erickson shipment a few months back I was a little skeptical how well the headbands would do because they are a vintage design AND they are more expensive. However, everyone that sees them just gaps. We sold out of the first shipment in a matter of days. And yes, we had one very unpleasant woman say that she could do a better job on her own sewing machine (you know how that goes) but overall I had several people get upset when we ran out. The thing is, once they are gone, there are no more because the materials are vintage.

To make sure I portrayed them as closely as possible to what they look like, I hired a professional photographer (Jean) to come in and take photos of the L. Ericksons so that they would be as close to reality as possible. We were also going to put them in our next catalog BUT we sell out so fast I doubt that can every happen - which is a good thing and a terrible thing. :-)

Thanks for your interest. I can tell you that right now the L. Erickson's are only available at HB.com, Henri Bendel in New York and one other small boutique. So they are hard to find.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic