Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedF.L. Rec Vol barrette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F.L. Rec Vol barrette
    Posted: June 14 2003 at 10:21pm
http://mp.hairboutique.com/list.asp?Action=search&MnfID=91&PageNo=22

Are the clasps the kind that can accommodate small *and* large amounts of hair?
Will it slide out if I use it with just the top half of my hair pulled back, or is it just for holding all of one's hair back?

TIA!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 10:53pm
Hi AmandaPanda,

Sorry this took me so long. For some reason I didn't see your post.

This is actually a very very good question.

I actually "tested" the Lg Rec Volume on my mophead dummy that I use for trying new hairstyles and such. (It is a string mop that I named Gladys and it hangs in my office so I can try different hair accessories on her to see if they are "hair friendly" and how much hair they will hold".)

The deal is that the Lg. Rec Volume is "expandable" and has a curved 14K gold clasp. So it will hold upwards of 2 1/'2" of hair.

Will it slide off less hair? I can't say for sure but I will test one on my mophead Gladys this weekend. I won't be in the office until Sunday but I promise to test it then and post here.

I can tell you that the Rec Volumes and the Fancy Barrettes are designed for thick hair and do not do well on thin hair or hair that is slippery in any way.

They are ideal for wavy hair or curly hair or just thick and bulky hair.

More later.

Best wishes,
Karen

I will also post about the surface differences of the various volume barrettes that FL makes.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 12:14am
Hi AmandaPanda,

OK. So Brigid and I tested the FL Rec Volume Barrettes and the FL Fancy Barrettes on Gladys, my mophead model. Gladys has strands that were made from mop fiber. So her "hair" most closely resembles thick, curly or very wavy hair. Brigid and I experimented with putting as much of Glady's hair into both barrettes. They both held approximately 2 1/2" of strands without any slippage. The difference between the two barrettes? Simply the surface area of the barrettes. The Rec Vol is curved and the Fancy is flat. So the Fancy covers more surface area.

Both barrettes adjust according to the amount of hair. However, based on our experiments someone with fine, thin or slippery straight hair would probably only be able to use either barrette to hold a ponytail sized amount of hair.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sarasota View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarasota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 1:41am
Hi Karen,

Thanks for all the info on the France Luxe barrettes. I recently bought two of the Barely There Barrettes from HB and was so delighted that they came in a black satin bag. Do all the FL accessories come in those bags? Also, how long were there be free shipping on all FL items at HB.com?

AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2003 at 5:40pm
That was nice of you, Karen. Thanks!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2003 at 7:26pm
Hi Amanda,

Well thank you for asking the question. I had fun. I love hair accessories so much and having a good excuse to play with the FL barrettes was a joy. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic