Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on Entering the Hair Industry?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kabuto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kabuto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on Entering the Hair Industry?
    Posted: January 13 2014 at 2:59pm
Hi everyone!

This is just a passing thought I had, but I have a question for everyone. I'm a male, and I was introduced to the thought of entering the cosmetology field by my ex-girlfriend. Unfortunately, we are no longer on speaking terms, so I can't really get her feedback on the matter. But I have some questions for everyone!

1. As a male, would it be awkward to enter the field of hair styling and wig making? Wig making would be preferable to me, because I'm introverted.

To be honest, I don't know how I'd bring it up to my parents, let alone countless people. I am interested in the field because I like working with long and pretty girly hair (and my own, of course!), not to be a barber or anything, which would be more societally acceptable- but I have no desire to work with cutting men's hair.

2. Is there a lot of work to be found in the field? How difficult is it to break in?

3. What's the day to day work like? I have a basic idea of what that would be like as a hair stylist, but what about a wig maker?

Thanks so much!
spyvine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyvine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 7:12am
Wig making is a large industry,which may come as a surprise to some.Most wig companies produce thousands of wigs, beards, and other hair related items for their customers.If you want to become a wig maker, you do not need anything more than high school education, though you should be prepared to take additional beautician's courses or to begin in an entry-level job where you will be trained how to use the equipment.Go ahead.

Edited by spyvine - January 26 2014 at 7:14am
BulahLerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BulahLerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2014 at 9:43pm
I am also interested in the hair wigs and as I like to change my look sometimes with a new hair style, but having the hair cut is really a trouble, but each time I just buy cheap hair wigs online and told the seller the style I want and then soon I can find the one satify me. So I have never met the problem as you. Not long ago I get a red wigs for myself and it bring me a new style as before.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic