Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ludwig stage 2-female baldness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Richelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ludwig stage 2-female baldness
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
I was just diagnosed with Ludwig stage 2(female baldness). I noticed hair loss after the birth of my first child, 4 years ago. Since then I had another child, 18 months ago and noticed even more hair loss. I was on a birth control pill that had a high estrogen. My Gyno told me that this would cause hair loss. I went to a dermatologist and he told me I had Ludwig stage 2 and my only treatment is Rogaine. I used it for two days and my head itched so bad I stopped using it! Has anyone else been diagnosed with this and if so what did you do. Has your hair grown back. I am only 28 and don't want to be on Rogaine for the rest of my life. Any information would help.
Richelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
> Please ignore my first message! I got a second opinion and I do not have female baldness. Thank you for your time.I was just diagnosed with Ludwig stage 2(female> baldness). I noticed hair loss after the birth of my> first child, 4 years ago. Since then I had another> child, 18 months ago and noticed even more hair loss.> I was on a birth control pill that had a high> estrogen. My Gyno told me that this would cause hair> loss. I went to a dermatologist and he told me I had> Ludwig stage 2 and my only treatment is Rogaine. I> used it for two days and my head itched so bad I> stopped using it! Has anyone else been diagnosed with> this and if so what did you do. Has your hair grown> back. I am only 28 and don't want to be on Rogaine for> the rest of my life. Any information would help.
Michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
Hi. I was wondering what your diagnosis was the second time? Is your hair still thinning or has it grown back?Thanks!
Richelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
> Hi. I was wondering what your diagnosis was the second> time? Is your hair still thinning or has it grown> back?> Thanks!The doctor I saw for my second opinion said my hair loss was from stress. He gave me medication to put on the scalp. I am seeing hair growth. Good luck!
Sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:22pm
HI Iwas wondering what type of medication your doctor gave you to put on your scalp. The only medication I know of is Rogaine. If there is some new medication for female hairloss would you please let me know. I hate having thinning hair! It's ruining my life. I am thinking about getting hair transplants. Do you know any women that have had this ? I know it's expensive but I have to do something about my hair. Thanks!
Regards,

Sue
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:23pm
> The doctor I saw for my second opinion said my hair> loss was from stress. He gave me medication to put on> the scalp. I am seeing hair growth. Good luck!
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:23pm
What is this type of baldness.I am losing hair in a "V" pattern whichintersects at the back of my head. I have nochildren, but I am on estrogen and progesterone.Also, does anyone know how you find adermatologist who treats hair loss?
katnap View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2000 at 2:02pm
Hi,

I've had two sets of transplants with www.medicalhairrestoration.com and I've been fairly satisfied. I've also met three other women who have had hair transplants with them, they look good. MHR uses a different doctor in each city, I used Denver and my work was done by Dr. Mayer. The work looks good, but it is still too thin - you can only get a limited density with transplants. So, be careful.

You might want to try an anti-yeast diet, I regrew half of my hair with this diet. Basically you avoid sugars (soft drinks, fruits, juices, candy/sweets, etc.), yeast (bread, bagels, alcohol, etc.), and mouldy foods (e.g., cheese, mushrooms, etc.). This isn't a diet that is documented anywhere, I made it up myself and it works. I call it the KY Diet (Katrina's Yeast). If you don't get any regrowth within a month, then it isn't working. It might just be an allergy or something in my case, it might not work for anybody else. Let me know!

Katrina.
katnap View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katnap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2000 at 2:08pm
Find out if you are taking a progestin or a natural progesterone. Progestins are synthetic and have been known to have androgenic side effects (e.g., baldness, chin hairs), some progestins can cause suicidal depressions in susceptible individuals. The reason that big companies don't make natural progesterone is because it is a naturally occuring substance. They can't make any money on it. So, they modify the chemical structure slightly, patent it, and make a fortune. Unfortunately, these mods to the structure tend to have side effects on the human body (what a shock). So, get in contact with Womens International Pharmacy who do mail order progesterone. Also, make sure you are using Estradiol (Estrace or estradiol valerate) as your estrogen - the others are not the same chemical structure as the estrogen produced by your body.

Kat.
alexander View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2000 at 4:52pm
richelle, keep using the rogaine, it did me the same way but your scalp will adjust after time. if i had used the rogaine when i was first told too, my hair would be thicker today. also take lots of hair vitamins and extra calcium. i've had two children so i know what you're saying. don't wait, start with the rogaine immediately.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic