Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed cut sons hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
cadensmama2002 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 2:41pm
ok i really need to jump in here since i posted the original message...tina, i'm not raising my son to be picked on..my husband,father,grandfather,etc were and are all blue collar...furthermore my husband was a freestyle wrestler...the second best way to defend yourself there is...next to jujitsu...he was cal state champ 3x and 2nd in the nation...now he coaches young kids to wrestle in his spare time...caden is not going to have a problem defending himself if thats neccesary....he doesnt run amuck doing as he pleases...we are very strict..he is being raised to be polite and a productive member of society...my whole beef was w/my mother-in-law interefering...not really how long his hair is...and also her reasons for cutting it...if you read my 1st thread posts you will see the pics of my son and realize he did not have long girl hair. just barely shoulder length in back...so i really dont understand why u are having such a cow...as we say here on the west coast...CHILL...there are so many more things that you could channel all that anger at..for the greater good so to speak.. ps i'm republican!!!
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 5:58pm
Duke,

Thats good that you decided (Before I'm assuming) you had kids that you didn't want any. Many times its after the fact that the truth comes out.

My sister who is 12 years older than myself (I just turned 23) decided very early that she didn't want to have children. Her husband had 3 daughters from a previous marriage, which suited her fine. Her reasons were quite simple,
1. my mom had her help with the at-home daycare, where she was aorund kids from 7am-5pm 5 days a week for several years. After that she was like Ewww.
2. The divorce rate is SO high, our mom and her dad were divorced, and she remembers all of that. Plus seeing other families split up by divorce, and everything that goes with it, she didn't want to take a chance of that happening.
She had her tubes tied at about 28 I think (after seeing a psychologist per her OB dr's request) and she is completely happy with that.
I think people should respect other's opinions on what they say. You may not agree with it, but no reason to be rude to them about it. There isn't any need to call names to people on here. Your asking how old how he is, maybe you should ask yourself the same questions....
Jenna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 7:31pm
Very good post Laine. We're never going to be able to agree about everything, which is what makes the world interesting and diverse. It's natural to disagree, but it makes the world a little smoother if it's done respectfully and nonjudgementally.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 9:10pm
Laine, you asked how old I am, I'm 27, and a very grown up lady I might add.
I'm also a great lover, ask any man or woman I've been with!-(tee hee)-.
Jenna, Kathy is a Republican like you-(thankfully a moderate one!)-. I'm more for the Democrats, although on most days I believe they can all take a hike for what little good they do us!
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 9:11pm
Sorry, I didn't mean Jenna, I meant Cadensmama!
LongHairLover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 9:44pm
Please Cadensmama get a real life will you instead of crying about your son because he got his long hair cut off and a 1 year old boy does not know that he misses his hair give me a break will yea, there alot more things to worry about than your little boys hair and enjoy him during this time especially at his fun age ok and not his once long hair because i knew a little boy who was almost two who had his hair in the back down to his shoulders and everybody thought he was a girl instead of a boy which isnt right at all

LongHairLover
arch94 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 10:52pm
As much as I agree with ya, better be careful or almighty D.D. will start preaching at you with 10 or 12 posts on the subject.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
cadensmama2002 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2003 at 11:50pm
can we please get over the fact that i'm not freaking out so much about his hair!!!!hello!!!am i not being clear? did i not say i liked his new cut?just the way it was done was complete crap!!yes i liked his hair longer...but it wasn't like it was down to his butt!! and as far as getting a life...does a masters in finance and my own daycare not constitute a life? besides my child IS my life...i'm almost 32 and have waited a long time for such a beautiful, sweet being....so the next time we swing insulting messages we should really get the facts...otherwise we just look ignorant!!

ps tina i agree with you...i am also on the moderate republican side but most of politicians can take a long walk....short pier!!
duke View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 4:55am
Brent - I know Tina did not advocate
keeping Caden's hair long in THIS
thread. She did in cadensmama's
ORIGINAL thread (around August,
see I think page 3 of this forum)
when she asked if she should cut
his hair or not.

Longhairedlover, if you had carefully
read the above posts, you would
have noticed that Caden had a very
adverse reaction to the haircut. I
hope it doesn't scar him for life (as
silly as that may sound, such early
experiences can have an impact on
peoples' psyches). And his mother
was certainly freaked that the
grandma dragged him off like that
behind her back. So I think your
comments are out of line.
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 7:24am
Its was horribly wrong for your mom to cut your sons hair without permission.

Your son might not be used to having the short hair but he will get over it quick enough. If he really wants it long he will say so eventualy (perhaps he will protest a future hair cutting option..."does Caden want to get his hair cut so its out of his face"? "NO!!!!!" Of course he might just be afraid of the hair cutters..they are scary when your young).

He is so young his hair will be long in no time at all! Now at least you know you like it short too.

In the end it should be Cadens choice when hes old enough to know he wants it one way over the other and not that he just wants it how it was out of familiarity (which may be the case too). (...he has a nice name by the way).

If I were a parent of a young boy I would keep it short untill he requests to grow it long. Why? Because it is easier on boys to have short hair at young ages. If I would like to have him grow long hair (which I probably eventualy would) I might suggested that hed look good with it long or even that Id like to see him grow it but that it is his choice.

my three cents
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 7:38am
"Oh come on Jenna, the little twerp Duke set himself up for an insult. He said he may never have kids because the world is such a controlling, evil, miserable place. What kind of sappy self-pity is that? That is laughable! Poor Duke, the world is so mean ! "

Um actualy Ive felt the same way as Duke on this particular matter. I dont think it laughable at all. The world has much to offer but there are still alot of perils. Sometimes it is difficult to love someone so deeply when you see them getting hurt or misused. To see your own child go through such pain must be heart acheing and a person with a tender heart who knows the pains of life might wish to not create a person who will have to go through such pains. So i understand the desire to not have children. I dont think it selfish...just a matter of protecting ones heart and not putting someone else in the situation to hurt.

However, on the other side, life isnt always all terrible. There is much love and pleasure to be found. If you dont have kids you may miss out on this. But the choice to not have kids is not a selfish choice. Just a personal choice. Goodness sake we dont all need to procreate!

I dont know if I want kids. Ive experienced things I dont want them to experience. But I know if i ever do have kids they will hurt as I have. maybe in different ways but there are people out there who will casue them pain. Hopefuly my kids wont be the ones causeing the pain. Its a tough world and a tough choice for someone who loves deeply and has felt pain and conciders the possibility of a child with the reality of bringing someone into a world of pain and pleasure alike.

Erinlynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 7:43am
"Well I'm glad some people have kids Jenna, otherwise there would be no people! "

Personaly I think we need more people like Duke who concider what type of world they bring thier children into. Im not saying everyone should NOT have kids. Just that they shouldnt selfishly have kids for the wrong reasons and that in general it would be better for fewer kids to be born. Overpopulation is not a good or healthy thing. Its not just SOME poeple haveing kids. Its MANY MANY people haveing kids! ...and many many of them being born into situations that are not the best.

Jenna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Erinlynn Erinlynn wrote:

I dont know if I want kids. Ive experienced things I dont want them to experience. But I know if i ever do have kids they will hurt as I have. maybe in different ways but there are people out there who will casue them pain. Hopefuly my kids wont be the ones causeing the pain. Its a tough world and a tough choice for someone who loves deeply and has felt pain and conciders the possibility of a child with the reality of bringing someone into a world of pain and pleasure alike.

I have had similar thoughts, because depression strongly runs in my family, and if I had a child I'm sure they would have a high chance of inheriting that. I personally wouldn't want anyone to go through all of the things I have, and I don't consider that a selfish decision. At this point I would consider either adopting abroad or just keeping pets, since I love animals so much.
Brent E.. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 3:08pm
I have 3 children. It was one of the best things I ever did to have kids. They are well worth it.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 8:58pm
I agree Brent. Kids are worth it.
You are right Duke, I did write that it's ok for boy's to have long hair and go ahead and teach them karate . But I was thinking more of older boys when I wrote that, not little boys. I was obviously being silly too in the way I wrote it.
Unknown View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by cadensmama2002 cadensmama2002 wrote:

can we please get over the fact that i'm not freaking out so much about his hair!!!!hello!!!am i not being clear? did i not say i liked his new cut?just the way it was done was complete crap!!yes i liked his hair longer...but it wasn't like it was down to his butt!! and as far as getting a life...does a masters in finance and my own daycare not constitute a life? besides my child IS my life...i'm almost 32 and have waited a long time for such a beautiful, sweet being....so the next time we swing insulting messages we should really get the facts...otherwise we just look ignorant!!

ps tina i agree with you...i am also on the moderate republican side but most of politicians can take a long walk....short pier!!

Lady you are a stuck up little b@%#@ of a women especially saying i have a masters in finance and I own a daycare place bla, bla, bla you are acting like a 2 or 3 year old so just talk to the hand and relax
hairalways View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 10:56pm
Cadensmama - That is aweful! As a mom of 3 boys and 1 girl I can relate to a lot of what everyone has said here. First off - a 17 month old definitely has a clear sense of him/herself. Out of all of my kids, 2 of the 3 boys Now 6 and 8 yrs) have always wanted their hair short - one likes it long (4 yrs old) and my daughter, who just turned 2 has been asking me to get her hair cut (which I did) and has proceeded to show it off to anyone who will admire it for the past month. I guess I just think there are other battles I would prefer to win with my kids.

Anyway - The thing I think is totally wrong is for grandma to push HER own personal style on your child without permission. believe me - IMO you did the right thing (this comes from experience) She would continue this type of controlling behavior in other aspects if you didn't put your foot down now.

Good intentions are not good intentions if only one party thinks they are. jmho

jacqui
uzma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 5:18pm
Too many personal insults on this thread

Duke - I'm right with you - and respect your viewpoint.
I have chosen not to have children because the city/society I live in is sick and dangerous, the relationships people form tend to be unstable and dis-functional and a myriad other reasons.
However, this subject does not belong on the Long Hair Support board, so I'll say no more about it here.

The above "unknown" poster needs to engage some basic good manners.

Please be polite, respectful and relevant.
Uzi

princessmonica View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 7:40pm
[QUOTE=uzma] Too many personal insults on this thread

Duke - I'm right with you - and respect your viewpoint.
I have chosen not to have children because the city/society I live in is sick and dangerous, the relationships people form tend to be unstable and dis-functional and a myriad other reasons.
However, this subject does not belong on the Long Hair Support board, so I'll say no more about it here.

The above "unknown" poster needs to engage some basic good manners.

Please be polite, respectful and relevant.

i couldn't said it beter myself uzma. why are people being so cruel to to her? she came her for support because her son's hair was cut against her wishes.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2003 at 2:03am
I love all of you ladies but I think many of you are being so OVERDRAMATIC! Yes the world is a c.r.a.p.h.o.l.e. we all know that. And if you have kids they will probably be negativly influenced by this awful world and grow up bad and become criminals, prostitutes, drug abusers, lesbians or bisexuals, even waste their time writing on computer boards like this rather than helping humanity and doing something constructive!!!

Well I did all of those nasty, nasty things, I admit it, and I'm happy, -(or at least I'm not too p.i.s.s.e.d off most of the time, tee hee!!!)-. And my life isn't all that bad-(or so I tell myself)-.

It's true, the world is terrible, filled with too many punks and misfits,-(and I don't like alot of people I meet either, so I know whatcha mean!)-, and nearly every government is terrible, I hate most of them, but whatcha gonna do?

If you really look at people, what are we really?

We are some kind of evolved stnking ape! We're nothing special, we are just mammals with a little bigger brain than the other stinking animals, but we're still animals! We're mammals! And it wasn't that many generations ago that our ancestors were swinging from the trees and living in caves!-. So I can appreciate all of your ideals, but please be realistic! We are nothing special, we're just mammals, just humans!
Oh you don't believe we're animals you say? The next time you get hungry, or h.o.r.n.y or have to use the bathroom, try and tell me your not a stinking animal , you are!
Why do you think we spend so much money on soap, and deodorant, and tampaxs, and makeup, and jewelry, and nice clothing, and everything else we spend money on. Because we are just human animals and we are trying to make ourselves look and feel better about ourselves, and pretend we are not just another stinkin mammal!

You have a problem with this mean world? Well, just get your mace, your tear gas canister, your switchblade,your semi-automatic pistol if need be, and buy several locks for your doors, and make the best of it!. JUST DON'T BE A SAP AND FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF AND THIS RIDICULOUS WORLD! IT'S A C.R.A.P.H.O.L.E., SO WHAT!
HAVE FUN, S.C.R.E.W IT!!!

and Monica, we would never be mean to you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic