FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed cut sons hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 10:09pm
Erinlynn. I'm going to tell you what I tell my daughter.
You are dirty. You stink. You need to go take a shower or a bath girl, now go wash up! Don't make mommy mad at you!-(tee hee)-.
duke View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 4:21am
This thread has gone off on a stupid tangent. All because I made an "aside" comment that I intend to not have children because I don't want to bring more people into this world. Since then, the thread has been full of debate (not always the friendliest) on this issue and other irrelevant ones. How about we try to close this topic with a few points:

1) I do not expect everyone to agree with everyone, but we could try to mutually respect each other's opinions. I highly disagree with Tina on how to raise children and on whether or not even to have them, but I did not make fun of her views, call her a "little twerp" etc. Tee hee indeed.

2) We all see the human race in different ways. My view of it is probably more complex than what was expressed above and I don't see a point in clogging the discussion with this topic, or with jokes about it.

3) The original post was about Cadensmama being shocked that her mother-in-law took her son behind her back and had his hair cut. Does anyone have any final comments about THIS, or have we all spoken our mind? I think there is enough to show that the grandmother should not have done it. It gave both mother (for having the son dragged off like that without her knowing) and son (for having a haircut forced on him) trauma and it was totally unnecessary. The grandmother didn't want the poor kid's long hair to "embarrass" her in front of her possibly stodgy, sexist-minded friends, so she forced a haircut on him. Now she's not allowed close to him without mom being around! Are you still there, Cadensmama? How are things developing with Caden and the family?
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 4:54am
Why are these tangents "stupid" Duke.
We were just having some fun. Lighten up boy.

And this wouldn't be the first thread that went on a "tangent". Sometimes these threads are more fun when they go where they will. You ever heard of the buddhist expression "go with the flow"?

As far as raising kids, if I'm so wrong about it why do I have a beautiful, smart, loving, well adjusted daughter who has nice friends who she gets along with. My daughter is a good kid. If I was doing such a bad job as you seem to think, she wouldn't be as good as she is.
I get a kick out of people who don't have kids telling us that do what a bad job we are doing. Now if I was beating my kid or negleting her you might have a point but I'm not doing that.

Erinlynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 5:34am
Tina: Sometimes kids turn out good IN SPITE OF thier parents. So it IS possible to be a horrible parent and still have a well adjusted friendly lovely kind and good child. Im not saying you or anyone here is a bad parent, just that it is possible. So you telling us how wonderful your girl is doesnt take you off the hook.

Anyways, you are not and never will be my mother, nor can you ever compaire to or even come close to my mother. So kindly leave your parenting to your own child and take a bath yourself!

...and as an aside, I think you are simply trying to ruffle everyones feathers and get into arguements for the sake of conflict. Personaly i love debating on controversial subjects and am happy when they show up, off topic or not, however you are not debating. Your name calling and in-your-face-this-is-how-things-are additude is not debate. Its harrassment.

Besides, I dont even think I can take it seriously. I belive you say such as you do because you like to stir people up. I picture you sitting there laughing at the reactions your getting. Pure enjoyment on your part.

But such is life and such is the likes of you.
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 5:37am
Come to think of it, how old is your daughter that you still have to tell her when to take a shower?
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 8:52am
Erinlynn.
If you have read me at all you know I am kidding with people sometimes, so lighten up. Geeeeez!
My daughter is 5.
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 12:13pm
Grrrrrrr! =)
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 12:31pm
Yeah, GRRRRRRRR!!!
tina
cadensmama2002 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2003 at 2:40pm
hello to all...yes i'm still out here, i'm just sitting back and pondering on how this all became so ...well, serious. i'm still upset about his hair but it will grow...he no longer even askes for his brush and he also stopped trying to brush my hair...he saw gramma the other day and when she tried to pick him up...FREAKOUT...so i can only guess he is still pretty upset. this soon shall pass eventually...i'm still sticking to my guns...no visits w/o supervision....thanks for asking
hairalways View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2003 at 11:50am
Hey Tina - My oldest is 8 and I STILL have to tell him to go take a shower!!

Come to think of it....My husband has to be reminded he stinks once in awhile LOL

Hee hee Tina - You are an aquired taste...I get you. DOn't worry bout it.

P.S....does anyone think this Arch94 person might have a tank with "toads" in it at home? hmmmm

jacqui
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by tina m tina m wrote:

Are you not going to have kids Duke because the world is just such an awful, evil place like you say, it's just terrible, or are you not going to have kids because you're such a sap no woman would have you?

... the little twerp Duke set himself up for an insult. He said he may never have kids because the world is such a controlling, evil, miserable place. What kind of sappy self-pity is that? That is laughable! Poor Duke, the world is so mean!

Tina, please refrain from personal insults. It's okay to have contrary opinions, but they should be expressed politely. And please try to avoid straying too far from the topic.

Quote arch94 wrote:
As much as I agree with ya, better be careful or almighty D.D. will start preaching at you with 10 or 12 posts on the subject.

Better yet, I could just delete your post. But I won't.

Quote Gord wrote:
Karen/Dave: shouldn't Lyris and I qualify for a plaque or something? Or at least a lock of Karen's gorgeous hair!

Sorry Gord, but that will not be happening. But thank you for your ongoing participation.

Anyway, I'm with you, Caden's mama. You have my sympathy. Otherwise, I don't know what to add that hasn't already been expressed so well by many others. Let us know how things go for Caden on the hair front.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 9:54pm
Jacqui, thanks for "getting" me!

I'm sorry Dave, I'll try not to insult anyone, even saps-(oops! sorry)-.

You notice though Dave how I never insult you sweetie.
Maybe your just my type big guy.

I know you like long haired ladies Dave but you've never been with this short haired temptress! I'm a tigress!-(tee hee!)-
Grace912 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 11:25pm
I just have to say that last night's Friends episode reminded me of this thread in a way. While Amy was babysitting Emma, she took her to get her ears pierced, and when Rachel saw, she was not pleased. The issue wasn't so much that Rachel didn't want Emma to get her ears pierced, but that it is not Amy's decision to make. I just had to put that out there, because I couldn't help but think of this thread.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
uzma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2003 at 4:36am
Hmmm - so you have never insulted DD............??????

Tina wrote (Feedback/Suggestions board, "Is this site slowing down" thread):-
Quote o run along Uzma back to your little sissy long hair friends, Dave Decker and the rest of the little old long haired hippies that you hang out with

This is funny - but is it insulting? That depends on your perception of "sissy" and "little old" "hippy".

Gotcha Tina
Uzi

duke View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2003 at 5:09am
Grace, could you add how EMMA reacted to the whole thing? Was she glad to have her ears pierced or did she resist etc?

It disgusts me that some people get their daughters' ears pierced without their permission, even while they're still babies. Your kids are not your property. Pierce your own ears as much as you want, get a one-inch wide stud shoved through your nose if you're so disposed, but leave your childrens' bodies alone until they decide for themselves whether or not they to go through with getting their ears pierced.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2003 at 11:08am
Oh c'mon Uzi, you know I like long haired men and women.

The hippies? My mom was a hippie of sorts.
In a way I'm a hippie.

I like some of the hippie era classic rock music. I smoked my share of marijuana-(not recently)- I own some miniskirts, and I have pierced ears and nostrils. That's pretty hippie isn't it!
I don't know if I'm a hippie, but I do know I'm hip!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2003 at 8:37pm
LOL. Good catch, Uzi.

I certainly don't trust two-faced messengers. And sorry tina, but whether or not you are actually being honest, your "sweetie" message seems designed purely to curry favor. It'll take awhile -- and good reason -- to favorably affect my impression of your participation here.
Grace912 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2003 at 8:45pm
They didn't actually show Emma getting her ears pierced. Amy brings Emma into Central Perk, I'm assuming a couple of hours later, and says that she has a surprise for Rachel, and then she takes Emma's hat off, revealing newly pierced, still-red ears. Emma herself seemed quite indifferent to the whole thing, at least at that point in time. However, we don't know how she felt at the time that she had them pierced.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2003 at 12:31am
Dave, I'm not trying to curry favor with you or other men who write here, I'm just trying to get laid-(tee hee!!!)-

Actually I'm pregnant with my second child at the moment -(due in April)- so I'm really not trying to pick anyone up.
I'm not being devious Dave. Some of what I write is just for fun. I'm just being silly.
No offense intended.
Gord View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2003 at 9:54am
Tina, the lesbian, is pregnant?

I think it's time to post a photo or people might start thinking you're really a guy who is pretending to be a pregnant lesbian (and former call girl). In fact, a photo of you with Kathy Ann would be perfect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic