Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair loss after birth of a child

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ainsley View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ainsley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair loss after birth of a child
    Posted: June 06 2000 at 2:47pm
Hi New Mom...Congratulations on your new baby.

I have experienced the very same thing with both of my
children. I just had my second child in 99 and three to four months after the birth I lost so much hair..more than
with my first child. This is called Post Partum Telogen Effluvium. The hair will come back..but please call
180065NISIM ...This is Nisim BioHair products that specialize in shampoo that will stop the fallout within a week. Ask for samples..of the shampoo and the herbal treatment. Tell them whats going on with you..they know all about how women lose their hair after childbirth.
Its because during gestation..your hair follicles accelerate and all of them enter the anagen phase of hair growth...which is the growth phase. This is due to hormonal changes. After birth, three to four months later,
the hair follicles that were in the Anagen or growing phase..all go into the Telogen phase...or fall out phase..simultaneously. Since the hormonal levels are going back to normal. There are websites you can consult on this also. Email me anytime ...LipMedJewl@aol.com
God Bless...I will pray for you...but everything will be back to normal within three to six months...after you go through another hair growth cycle...ITs all cyclical.
Angela Hughes
new mom View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2000 at 1:09pm
I recently had a son in January and now four months later my hair is falling out in handfuls. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to stop this and make my hair thick again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic