Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair recession and beards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mr. Wonderful View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Wonderful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair recession and beards
    Posted: June 02 2000 at 10:59am
Hi everybody!

I was wondering what the general feelings were about beards and facial hair in general.

I've maintained a well-groomed beard for around 5 years, during which time I have experienced a little more hair recession. Now that I'm interviewing for a new position in the hospitality industry I might have to shave my security blanket, er, beard off. I am experiencing a little anxiety over this, although I really want the position too.

Ever since I've had a beard my 19 year old daughter has bugged me to shave it off. She doesn't like it. Many others have complimented me on it. I think its become part of "me" at this point. Who knows, maybe a change would do me good.

Any thoughts?
buzz-daddy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzz-daddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2000 at 7:30pm
I have had by beard for 16 years (I am 36 now) and would sooner cut off an arm then shave it (for a job or anyone).

If it is part of you, and you love it, keep it.

Make sure it is nice and neatly groomed for the interview, and make sure YOU are neatly groomed and dressed to kill.

Shaving a beard before an interview will make you MORE nervous.

Good luck!
sann View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2000 at 10:39pm
Shave it you need a change.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic