Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

alopecia areata,totalis or universalis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cfbua View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfbua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alopecia areata,totalis or universalis
    Posted: June 10 2000 at 8:09pm
anyone who is looking for support for alopecia areata or great links for more info...please feel free to email me.
BigTimmy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2000 at 2:12pm
What's your E-Mail address? I'm 15, male, and lossing my hair. I NEED HELP!!!
BigTimmy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2000 at 2:15pm
What's your E-Mail address? I'm 15, male, and losing my hair. I NEED HELP!!!
John Haught View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Haught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2000 at 4:29pm
Reply to message: 8.279.1
quote:

cfbua originally wrote:
anyone who is looking for support for alopecia areata or great links for more info...please feel free to email me.

Hi
I have lost 90% of my hair. It has also affeted the hair on the rest of my body. I would like any information or direction to learn more.
Thank You
JEANP View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEANP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2001 at 4:22am
quote:
cfbua originally wrote: anyone who is looking for support for alopecia areata or great links for more info...please feel free to email me.
ARE THERE ANY NEW PRODUCTS OUT FOR ALOPECIA AREATA OTHER THAN ROGAIN?ALSO I HAVE HEARD ABOUT A SHAMPOO THAT OPENS UP YOUR PORES SO THAT THE HAIR CAN COME THROUGH.THAN YOU FOR ANY HELP.JEAN
Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2001 at 4:16pm
Reply to message: 8.307.1
BigTimmy,
I`m sorry to hear about what is happening to you. I lost alot of my hair when I was 10 years old, and it`s happened off and on since. the doctor`s told me it was stress or the perm I had. It was very tough for me to get through it, but I graduated H.S. this year and I still living with it. Are you on any medication for this? I was on a cortizone cream, but that didn`t help me alot. There`s also shots they have to make the hair come back. I will tell you that there are alot of mean people that will pick on you, but this is the time to find out who are really your friends, they`ll be the ones that stick with you and want to help you get through this. Be tough...it`s not as bad as it seems. There is a magazine that I used to get with interviews and stories by others with this, maybe that will help. I hope this is only a temporary condition for you and that you can live a normal life, but if this last your whole life you`ll be just fine. It`s not contagious and you won`t die, so don`t be afriad to live life like you would if this wasn`t happening.
Emma Roberts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2001 at 10:44am
quote:

BigTimmy originally wrote:

Hello,

My name is Emma, i have been suffering from alopecia areata sinnce i was 7.

i am now 22 and have got alopecia universalis which means i have no hair anywhere on my face or head.

Please respond to my e-mail and let me know your story and we will see if my experiences will help.

Best regards

Emma
Emma Roberts
Emma Roberts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2001 at 10:46am
quote:

cfbua originally wrote:

Hello,

Please could you let me know of any new "cures" for alopecia universalis, i have been suffering from this since i was 7 years old. I am now 22.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Emma
Emma Roberts
Roberta Poole View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberta Poole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2001 at 2:53pm
My daughter has had alopecia areata since 3rd grade.It brakes my heart to see her lose and grow her hair back. It never comes back copletely before it`s falling out again.She has had to wear it in a pony tail on top of her head,but this does not cover all the thin spots. I have seen her turn down events with her friends and I know it`s her hair loss. We found one dermatogist that knew what this was. temavate is what had worked for my daughter but not anymore. It doesn`t stop the hair from falling out but helps it grow back in. My daughters hair reacting to it. We also find that she was gaining weight on it. She is now taking a hair loss vitamin that at one time seem to help, but we ran out for a while before I was able to get anymore. Right now her hair is falling faster than it`s can come back and you can see the bald area . My friend told me of a web sight for a study they are doing at m.d.anderson`s in texas. I beleive it`s www.mdanderson.com If it`s not correct I`ll contact my friend and post it again.
Erica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2002 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Emma Roberts Emma Roberts wrote:

quote:

BigTimmy originally wrote:

Hello,

My name is Emma, i have been suffering from alopecia areata sinnce i was 7.

i am now 22 and have got alopecia universalis which means i have no hair anywhere on my face or head.

Please respond to my e-mail and let me know your story and we will see if my experiences will help.

Best regards

Emma

Hi Emma!

Just wanted to let you know that I also have alopecia Universalis and i am 20. If you would like to chat e-mail me!
Erica
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic