Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick loss of hair - Can anyone help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andre123 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick loss of hair - Can anyone help
    Posted: August 08 2000 at 5:38pm
I have a slight receding hairline but my hair is generally good. I am 22 years old. Although my father is bald he did not lose his hair until he was in his late thirties. In the last month I have began to lose hair in my crown extremely quickly. It is unbelievable - I had my hair shaved about six months ago and there was no balding there at all and suddenly now this is happening. My hair has seemed to come out before really thinning. I have not noticed a lot of shedding yet every day when I check it, it seems to get worse. I am not missing hair anywhere else. I read about telogen effluvium and am interested if this is what is happening to me. However it seems to affect females more than males. I looked at some of the causes and stress is one. I have suffered the death of my mother but this was last november and I cant believe it would take 8-9 months to occur. The one other thing, is that I am extremely paranoid about losing my hair - Could I induce this more by worrying about it? I am going to see a doctor but I would worry that they would not understand the nature of what is happened and just assume that it was natural. If it was pattern baldness surely it would take longer than 3-4 weeks to develop this much on my crown? Lastly I have a double crown - would this bear any relevance?

Thanks,
buzz-daddy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzz-daddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2000 at 7:24pm
Andre,

First of all, it is possible that your hair loss may be stress-related. Have you seen a doctor?

You seem to be stressing about the loss now, but you said you had it all shaved off six months ago?

If this indeed a non-reversible thing, have you considered shaving you hair off again?

Good luck,

Buzz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic