Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HI ... Newbie on board with serious loss probs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spunky Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spunky Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HI ... Newbie on board with serious loss probs
    Posted: December 15 2000 at 6:19pm
I finally found a hair board to visit!! Yeh! Good board. Looking forward to all the hair help!

What my hair prob is is that I am finding shed hair all over the place. More than the 100 or 150 a day. It falls out all the time. It is noticeably thinner than last year even. It`s been doing this for 6 months (that I`ve noticed). I am an athlete with a good diet (lots of veges and fruit). I`m not the personality type that is affected by stress (hence the user name). I use Artec and PM, so I know it`s not products. I have tried certain vitamins like hair, skin, and nails and have tried Nioxin, which is supposed to stop hair loss. The vitamins don`t work and my scalp is super-sensitive so Nioxin stings and has an adverse affect on me. Am I doomed to keep this up? Talk to me :)
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2000 at 11:29am
I can only refer to a German website (in German), where different drugs against hair loss are discussed: www.alopezie.de
Some of them need a prescription from a skin doctor.

wolfgang
Sher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2001 at 9:46am
Reply to message: 8.322.1
HI,
I`ve been having the same problem. Ever since I had my daughter 4 yrs. ago, I noticed my hair shedding. Then I got pregnant with my son 2 and a half yrs. later I got pregnant with my son, and I noticed that My hair stopped falling out. Usually after shampooing, or brushing I would have hair fall out, and then it just stopped. I was so pleased, until after I gave birth to my son. Now it`s started again:( I`m in my 20`s and I can hardly believe this is happening to me so young. I`ve had a thyroid test that came back normal. I don`t know what to do, I`m afraid it`s going finally just get so thin that I`ll have to wear a hat or something. PLease tell me anything you find out. Thanks, sher
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic