Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Transplant Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xcaliber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xcaliber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Transplant Question
    Posted: June 23 2001 at 9:49pm
I started losing my hair about a year ago and I was wondering if there are any new hair transplant techniques being developed. The current method seems effective, but my concern is that I like my hair really short in back and wouldn`t be able to keep it like that if there were scars from the transplant.

Specifically, I remember hearing something about the possibility of growing the transplant hairin a lab and transplanting it from there instead of taking all the hair from other places on a person`s head. Does anyone know whether any technique like this is close to being developed?
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2001 at 1:35pm
Reply to message: 8.399.1
Hair transplant technology has come a long way in the past few years. Current procedures (when done by an experienced and talented surgeon) leaves virtually no scar in the donor area. Although the "cloning" of hair is a potentially quantum advancement, it is currently only in the early test stages. And it will probably be very expensive if and when it is first introduced. If you are really serious about a transplant, do your research carefully and thoroughly. I have seen some truly AWFUL transplants and they are painful and expensive to be corrected. CHOOSE YOUR SURGEON WITH CARE!!

Merlin
GNX View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GNX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2001 at 4:04pm
Reply to message: 8.399.1
quote:

Xcaliber originally wrote:
I started losing my hair about a year ago and I was wondering if there are any new hair transplant techniques being developed. The current method seems effective, but my concern is that I like my hair really short in back and wouldn't be able to keep it like that if there were scars from the transplant.

Specifically, I remember hearing something about the possibility of growing the transplant hairin a lab and transplanting it from there instead of taking all the hair from other places on a person's head. Does anyone know whether any technique like this is close to being developed?

IT IS TRUE THAT THERE ARE MANY HAIR TRANSPALNT SURGEONS THAT YOU COULD CHOOSE FROM AND MOST LIKELY RECIEVE A DECENT HT.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT ALL DOCTORS USE THE STRIP EXCISION METHOD WHICK MEANS THAT THEY CARVE A CHUNK OF SKIN FROM THE REAR OF YOUR HEAD AND DISSECT SMALL GRAFTS FROM IT TO BE PLACED IN YOUR THINNING AREAS. THIS WOUND IS THEN STITCHED OR STAPPLED UP. THE PROBLEM WITH THIS METHOD IS THAT SOME PEOPLE DO NOT HEAL PROPERLY AND END UP WITH UNSIGHTLY SCARS ON THE REAR OF THEIR HEAD FROM POOR HEALING. THE MORE HT YOU GET THE WORSE THE SCAR LOOKS.

IF THIS OCCURS YOU WILL "NOT" BE ABLE TO WEAR YOUR HAIR SHORT AND WILL BE SCARRED FOR LIFE..!

YOUR ONLY OPTION IS TO CONTACT DR. WOODS IN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA (THE WOODS TECHNIQUE). HIS TECHNIQUE IS THE ONLY TECHNIQUE IN THE WORLD THAT OFFERS HT WITHOUT ANY SCARRING.....!!!!!!! HE DOES NOT USE THE STRIP EXCISION METHOD.

HE REMOVES EACH HAIR ONE BY ONE AND TRANSPLANTS IT IN THE NEEDED AREAS. HIS SESSION TAKES 10-12 HOURS TO COMPLETE APPROX. 600 GRAFTS. HE IS VERY EXPENSIVE BUT HE IS ALSO VERY GOOD. YOU CAN ALSO HAVE MULTIPLE TREATMENTS OVER A WEEKS PERIOD VS. SEVERAL YEARS.

IF YOUR CONCERNS ARE WORRYING ABOUT HOW SHORT YOU CAN WEAR YOUR HAIR HE IS THE ONLY DOCTOR ON THE PLANET THAT CAN OFFER YOU THIS PROCEDURE. HE IS THE ONLY DOCTOR THAT PERFORMS THIS PROCEDURE. THERE ARE A FEW US DOCTORS THAT ARE TRYING TO DUPLICATE DR. WOODS PROCEDURE BUT THEY ARE IN THEIR INFANT STAGES. DR, WOODS HAS BEEN WORKING ON THIS TECHNIQUE FOR OVER A DECADE.

HIS WEB SITE IS (WWW.4HAIR.COM.AU)

TELL THEM "GNX" RECOMMENDED YOU TO DR. WOODS.....TAKE CARE.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic