Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Malin Akerman bobbed Again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Malin Akerman bobbed Again
    Posted: February 27 2014 at 9:19am
Malin 2014 People's Choice Awards

Now
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 1:05pm
Man, must be tough looking hot with any look and any style.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 2:04pm
Yeah, maybe I'll care about her hair again when she cares about her hair again. Fried with a side of roots is not what I ordered.

Malin%20Akerman%20-%20His%20Holiness%20the%2014th%20Dalai%20Lama%20Q&A%20Event%20in%20LA%202/26/14
Who has more fun than people?
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 12:22am
She is one beautiful woman
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 8:45am
Guess she's using Miley's stylist now... http://www.justjared.com/2014/08/26/malin-akerman-debuts-new-short-haircut-at-hbos-emmys-2014-after-party/
malin akerman debuts new short haircut at hbos emmys after party 05

Edited by rardman - August 26 2014 at 8:47am
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 9:12am
I don't hate it on her. Helps to have a gorgeous face like hers.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 9:43am
I actually like it...the look does put her beautiful face forward.
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 9:58am
That's a rather bold choice for a woman in her mid-30's. It's edgier than most roles available. 
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 11:31am
This cut will bring out some haters but I think it's a good move, looks great, and she should be given credit for trying something new.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 11:35am
Oh, c'mon guys.  Unless you just like short hair for the sake of short hair, you can't say this is better than what she had or - at worst - a straight up pixie.  This is awful.  And not even Miley Cyrus (or Jamie Pressly) is wearing this style anymore.  The closest would be P!nk and even hers is more of a modified mohawk.  Plus, she's...well...P!nk.

Malin's hair is too thin, her face too round, and the style too severe to work on her.  Give it a few months to grow into something she can wrestle into a version of a pixie and it'll be a vast improvement.  Well, in the sense that a sprained knee is a vast improvement over a torn ACL (analogy sponsored by Fantasy Football season).

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 12:08pm
I stand by my luke-warm assessment.
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Oh, c'mon guys.  Unless you just like short hair for the sake of short hair, you can't say this is better than what she had or - at worst - a straight up pixie.  This is awful.  And not even Miley Cyrus (or Jamie Pressly) is wearing this style anymore.  The closest would be P!nk and even hers is more of a modified mohawk.  Plus, she's...well...P!nk.

Malin's hair is too thin, her face too round, and the style too severe to work on her.  Give it a few months to grow into something she can wrestle into a version of a pixie and it'll be a vast improvement.  Well, in the sense that a sprained knee is a vast improvement over a torn ACL (analogy sponsored by Fantasy Football season).

JF

Jaime Pressly was wearing a very similar cut in January. Hers looked to be shaved with a #1 or #2 on the sides, shorter than Malin's. Three weeks later Jaime's hair was covering that undercut in a more conventional style because she styled it that way. Jaime had this style throughout the filming of "Jennifer Falls."

I'll leave whether it works for Malin's face up to your personal judgment, but it's not out of style and if it's similar to Jaime's you'll see it more conventionally down at the next public event. It's an undercut, a style that some find a little to edgy if it's up, but one you don't even know is there if it's down. 
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by glove20 glove20 wrote:

This cut will bring out some haters but I think it's a good move, looks great, and she should be given credit for trying something new.

Is a side shave still something new?
jug jug to dirty ears
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 2:41pm
It is for her
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Michael1 Michael1 wrote:

Jaime Pressly was wearing a very similar cut in January. Hers looked to be shaved with a #1 or #2 on the sides, shorter than Malin's. Three weeks later Jaime's hair was covering that undercut in a more conventional style because she styled it that way. Jaime had this style throughout the filming of "Jennifer Falls."

I'll leave whether it works for Malin's face up to your personal judgment, but it's not out of style and if it's similar to Jaime's you'll see it more conventionally down at the next public event. It's an undercut, a style that some find a little to edgy if it's up, but one you don't even know is there if it's down. 

I reiterate.  It's the cusp of September.  Miley isn't even wearing the Miley cut.  And Jamie Pressly has grown her's enough that it's a very short, but conventional pixie.  As for Malin, even "worn down", there will be a distinct disconnect given how short the top layers are.  I'm still saying it's out.

As an aside, this is probably the worst "day of awards show" cut I've seen.  And that includes the infamous Courtney Thorne-Smith shearing of 2000 and Faith Hill's platinum shaggy bob from the early 2000s.

Edited by JerkyFlea - August 26 2014 at 3:18pm
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 3:25pm
Not feeling this...maybe it would look better not slicked back.  It is not awful but just doesn't seem to "fit" to me.
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2014 at 3:59pm
Few women try the shaved undercut on short hair. When you can only name three celebrities in the last 3-4 years to try one, you're not exactly talking about an angled bob. As you pointed out earlier, Pink has been wearing a variation of this style off and on for over 10 years. It was never "in" or "out" on her. Seeing Jaime's hair choices in the last couple of years, I'm guessing she'll have a shaved undercut again at some point. 

You might not like the undercut. That's a preference. It's an extreme look. You might not like the undercut on her. That's a judgment. I could certainly see where you're coming from. The undercut on such short hair is so unusual it isn't in or out.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2014 at 8:15am
I agree that this is totally out of left field.  

I could go back and forth on this one because it is very extreme and she was absolutely smoking hot with her long do.  After watching the video of her talking about it I'm way more sold.  The great thing about hair is that people can do crazy things and then own it and I think she does.  

As has been said previously Malin Akerman can look hot with any haircut.  She has an AMAZING neck that I hadn't really appreciated before and I really like that she's choosing to be a little edgy and do new things.  The great thing about this haircut is that its a consistent evolution kind of thing and I'm waiting to see her have kind of a coco rocha type journey for the next couple of years.

http://www.eonline.com/news/573222/malin-akerman-chops-her-hair-off-see-her-miley-cyrus-style-shaved-cut

I bet she sees more publicity and gets more pictures published in the next 6 months.  Thats the final scoreboard for this kind of stuff and right now anyone who is pushing boundaries, being experimental or trying edgy things is getting the attention.  I love that in general.

trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2014 at 8:52am
I get so tired of seeing celebs say they really wanted short hair and then when they do it chicken out and go for something that is really safe and boring.  They get a short, straight bob and 2 months later have extensions in and think having short hair was not as fun as they had expected.  Its good to see someone commit and just reinvent themselves.  
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2014 at 9:26am
When a celeb goes short, their hair being fried is a common explanation. Of course Malin doesn't say why she got this short haircut. She didn't have to get a shaved undercut. Was it her idea or the stylist? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic