Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

teen hairloss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: teen hairloss
    Posted: May 21 2002 at 8:47pm
I`m 15 years old, and for the past 6-7 months I`ve been experiencing some hair loss. It falls out in hand fulls, usually when I`m washing my hair. Lately its gotten worse. I was wondering if this is normal. I`ve also gotten red bumps on my stomach, regular chest pains, insomnia, unusual eating habits, and my mother had iron deficiency. I dont know if they attribute to my hair loss, but I`m worried. If anyone has any ideas, please contact me.

Cincy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cincy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2002 at 7:16pm
I have the hair loss problem too. Someone told me it was because i wear my hair up in to tight of a bun. Can that really happened. I usually wear my hair down. Will someone help!
Concerned View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2002 at 11:09pm
Have you seen a doctor about it? Because the symtoms you decribed can`t be good, esp. if you`re having chest pains. I would suggest seeing a doctor if you havn`t.
mofro View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mofro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2002 at 12:24am
check out your thyroid
mofro View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mofro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2002 at 12:24am
or your hormones levels
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2002 at 6:44pm
Severe stress can also attribute to hair loss, maybe you might be really stressed out since you mention insomnia and unusual eating habits
Rita (:
Shivani View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shivani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2002 at 8:55am
I am only 13 years old...and as long as i can remember i have this little spot on my head (that almost looks like a part) that has very little hair! I really don`t like it to show, and because of it I can`t wear my hair in too many different ways! Do you guys have any suggestions?!
JenniferSti View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferSti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 11:35pm
I went to the doctor and had tons of bloodwork done, and they couldn`t find anything wrong... My hair is still falling out like crazy, and he thinks its either from stress or lack of sleep (Which I think is b.s.) Anyways, Shivani... I know someone who has a spot like what you described and could it be possible that its a scar?? Also, there are certain "hair concealers" you can buy to disguise it. Whenever you are scarred, hair doesnt grow back there... the cuticle is destroyed. Hope I`ve helped (Ive been doing my hair research!!)
Sabelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2002 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Cincy Cincy wrote:

I have the hair loss problem too. Someone told me it was because i wear my hair up in to tight of a bun. Can that really happened. I usually wear my hair down. Will someone help!

I have hair loss too. You guys should get check at the doctor`s first to make sure you don`t have something else that`s causing the loss. Things like your thyroid might be the cause or stress and even a lack of certain foods in your diet.
you might have something else serious. You can also try some products for hair growth and hair loss. They`re not drugs. One is Viviscal, i haven`t tried it yet but i`ve heard it works well. So i`m going to try it. Also another one is Osmotics, FNS you can go to their web site (www.osmotics.com)
sabelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2002 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by JenniferSti JenniferSti wrote:

I went to the doctor and had tons of bloodwork done, and they couldn't find anything wrong... My hair is still falling out like crazy, and he thinks its either from stress or lack of sleep (Which I think is b.s.) Anyways, Shivani... I know someone who has a spot like what you described and could it be possible that its a scar?? Also, there are certain "hair concealers" you can buy to disguise it. Whenever you are scarred, hair doesnt grow back there... the cuticle is destroyed. Hope I've helped (Ive been doing my hair research!!)

I`m trying a product that is helping. You might want to try that its called Osmotics. Has anyone tried Viviscal? Does it work?
I have a hair problem called AGA, male pattern baldness hair starts thinning out at the crown. (i`m also doing my own research and going back to the doctor for a second opinion.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic