Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How is this thing called?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Restokc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Restokc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How is this thing called?
    Posted: April 27 2014 at 9:05pm
Can anyone tell me how this is called?? It is used to reduce hair volume, and uses regular razor blades. I want o buy one, but I don't know how to search for them.
vividamnesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vividamnesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 5:41am
Its a thinning or texturing tool for removing bulk like thinning shears but with a razor blade.
It also looks like a sweater/sock pill ball remover
JMcC2
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 12:40am
It's a Trim-Comb. A company called Ronco used to advertise them on American television back in the early 1970's. Hope this helps. Looks like it has been a while since you asked though. 
Peace to all
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 1:57pm
I'm sure Restokc waited patiently for the answer for 4 years Wink. It kind of reminds me of one of those lice combs. Personally, gadgets like that have always given me the creeps. Give me a pair of scissors and a barber comb anytime.
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 3:11pm
I get insomnia pretty bad sometimes. When I do, I end up reading boards I don't usually read, which brought me here. Truth be told, I did not even notice the date.

You're right, they are creepy. My Mom used to trim my hair with one of those. THe results were always choppy at best. 

Give me a pair of Osters and I'm happy. 
Peace to all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic