Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Private Message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private Message
    Posted: May 02 2014 at 1:19pm
Someone sent me a message my box if full I couldn't respond. if you have a silk top that's too dark you could use the rit's dye remover but only do quick dips don't let it soak... turn it inside out and dip. other wise use a rit's dye pen to recolor the silk.. you have to be careful with rit's dye remover it can loosen the hair and make it come out.. i have a video on dying it with rit's dye you could use this method but check at the dips... it should only take a couple of seconds per dip.. 

JamaiaQueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamaiaQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 4:58am
I am a new member. My name is JamaicaQueen and I sent you the private message yesterday, and I want to thank you for your response. I was not sure what to do. I have read a lot of the posts, and it is very clear that you are an expert. I thank you for your recommendation. I could not see the video though, because I kept getting an error message, (I am not really good with the computer, so maybe this is why the video did not work for me), but I will try the Rit dye remover, and only dip it for a few seconds at a time. I will get some tomorrow at the store. I hope this will help to lighten it even just a little. My base had three layers of the silk, so I removed one, and I tried to see if I could lighten it by dipping a small part of it in some Clorox bleach diluted with water. That piece got lighter, and I could see the difference between the part I dipped and the part that was not dipped. I wondered if I did it to the silk base part of the wig, would it damage the hair. I love my wig, and I don't want to take that chance of ruining it, especially as it is in front. I even tried to ask Kevin Freedelee what I could do, but he just said I could order another one made with a lighter scalp. So, anyway, I will let you know how my wig turns out, and again thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks for looking out for everybody, especially those of us who are new to this. You're the best.
"The Lord has done great things for us, whereof we are glad"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic