Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traction Alopecia Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reshondae2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reshondae2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traction Alopecia Problem
    Posted: July 19 2002 at 10:57am
Ive been wearing braids for a while now and Im beginning to see that my hairline is beginning to thin out. Does anybody know if there is anything i can do about this fast?
Mrs_Delacruz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_Delacruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2002 at 4:23pm
Yes- first get rid of the braids! Too tight braids are a sure way to mess up your hairline- trust me- I KNOW! Then use some organic root stimulator around your temple area and massage it gently. Try to stay away from gelling this area down and brushing it while wet. Also use large tooth combs and massage your scalp to promote hair growth. You should begin seeing results within 2 weeks as the hairline seems to be the quickest to grow back- well at least on me it does. And stay away from too tight ponytails or buns. I suggest that you keep your hair in a butterfly clip or even worn down to lessen the stress. No stress=no mess! Hope this works for you
"I love My Antonio Delacruz!.
Muuuahhhh"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reshondae2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2002 at 6:53pm
So have you had traction alopecia with braids?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_Delacruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 9:21am
yes- i have and it was really really bad. One of my braid snap off right from the scalp and left me pratically bald on the sides and all my baby hair was gone. It didnt help that I have thin hair to begin with so i couldnt afford to lose anymore. So i got rid of my braids and didnt relax for a good while after that. Then I kept my hair in soft ponytails and noticed my hair growing back in. It took a few months but the end result was great. I know that organic root stimpular is great. My hair wont stop growing now and I find myself always having to perm it.
Muuuahhhh"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reshondae2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2002 at 6:51pm
Well thank you so much for the advice. Im glad that I found someone who has had the same problem Ive had. About how many months should it take for me to even see small results?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_Delacruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2002 at 2:08pm
You should notice small results within 2 weeks or the time it takes between getting relaxers. In the meantime you can do styles that cover up your hairline area or anything that doesnt cause stress to this area by pulling on the scalp. You should see full results in a matter of at least 2 months. By then your hair has gone through at least 4 growth cycles- depending on the rate of your current hair growth. Try not to perm this area as often too- Id say allow it to grow awhile before you decide to relax it so it wont be too thin looking.
Muuuahhhh"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic