Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you grow your business?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lion099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lion099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you grow your business?
    Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:28am
I took a class once on growing a business and the teachers recommended the use of Daydreaming, Guided Imagery which gives the mind permission to wander and come up with new ideas and/or solutions for business challenges. 

At the time is seemed like a little bit of a strange suggestion, but then the teachers explained that Greek scientist Archimedes used the technique of active daydreaming as did Sigmund Freud.

I use it now to help me figure out ways to improve my business or grow it to new levels.  I also use it to help solve thorny issues or problems.

It's worth considering for those that have never tried it.

A good book to read on the topic is Daydreaming:  Unlock the Creative Power of Your Mind by Diana Barth. 
bonitassalon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonitassalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 4:12am
Lots of great tips.  Whether you're a salon owner, an independent hairdresser, booth renter or offer other spa services, it's important to be organized.  I think that can make a huge difference in success and/or failure.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 4:03am
Originally posted by hair_master hair_master wrote:

Please share your business growth ideas...as a professional hairdresser or salon/spa owner or both.

Please don't post any links which have not previously been approved.  I know the AdminTeam here at HairTalk is doing their best to eliminate any spam or otherwise unapproved advertising which violated the terms of participation here at HairTalk.

Looking forward to hearing all of your business growth ideas.

Thanks for all the tips Hair_Master and welcome to HairTalk.  I really appreciate your note about not posting any inappropriate links and/or advertisements.  I think sometimes people forget that they wouldn't like it if people started posting advertisements on their websites, FB pages or Twitter feeds.  The same is true here.

Even though HairTalk has been here since 1997, we still are forced to remove all inappropriate links and/or advertisements which are not pre-approved by the AdminTeam.

As far as how to grow your business, this is a really great topic.

Besides Hairtalk and HairBoutique.com, I've grown a few businesses over the years in both hair and beauty, technology and other business arenas.

One thing I am finding now in 2014 is how fast everything moves compared to back in the mid-1990s when we were starting HairTalk and HairBoutique.com.  A lot of that has to do with Social Media.

I think anyone can grow a business quickly if they are:

1.  Organized
2.  Have a clear vision of what type of business they want to offer
3.  Understand who their exact client is
4.  Know how to solve specific problems their clients have
5.  Work hard
6.  Work smart
7.  Use social media to help get the word out
8.  Do active marketing & advertising (without trespessing on other's private properties)
9.  Look for mentors to help provide guidance.
10.  Have access to a great CPA and attorney which is very important in today's business world.

Last piece of advice and then I'm stepping off the soap box.....never give up.

I hope all of you who visit this part of the forum will share your tips & secrets as well.

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 30 2014 at 5:32am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
hair_master View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair_master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:52pm
Please share your business growth ideas...as a professional hairdresser or salon/spa owner or both.

Please don't post any links which have not previously been approved.  I know the AdminTeam here at HairTalk is doing their best to eliminate any spam or otherwise unapproved advertising which violated the terms of participation here at HairTalk.

Looking forward to hearing all of your business growth ideas.

Edited by hair_master - May 30 2014 at 3:51am
hair_master View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair_master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 8:49pm

Hello Hair Salon Owners!!

How do you go about growing your business?

Here is a favorite, tongue-in-cheek list I've keep for years from Entrepreneur Magazine:

1.  Getting the BIG idea - exhilaration
2.  Doing the research - confidence
3.  The compilation - anticipation
4.  Inputting the details - exhaustion
5.  Proofreading the Business Plan - paranoia
6.  Revising the Business Plan - frustration
7.  Revising the Business Plan - again - more frustration
8.  Still revising - still frustrated
9.  Final revision - when will this be over
10. Presentation of Business Plan - relief - pride - now we're having fun.  :-)

Finally....you're ready to move forward.  Kudos.

Edited by hair_master - May 30 2014 at 3:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic