Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Picture of my hair's progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picture of my hair's progress
    Posted: October 29 2003 at 12:01pm
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/210233/progress.jpg

My goal is three inches past where it is in that picture, which I took this morning. I don't want uber-long hair, just the length I had two years ago. Contrast today's picture with the length before I began growing it last winter:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/210233/shot.jpg
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2003 at 12:38pm
It's very pretty and looks real healthy!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/hair.jpg
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2003 at 1:21pm
Beautiful hair, Lyris

Uzi

princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2003 at 4:15pm
looking good lyris you know you are joining us ''hippies'' as someone made a remark about us. so peace and love
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 7:02am
Great photos!
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 7:44am
Gorgeous... before and currently, actually!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 8:08am
Your hair looks beautiful. Are the red undertones natural?

As Gord said, it looked lovely shorter also. Good luck in achieving your growth goals. I am sure you will be there before springtime.

Elissa
[/url]

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 8:11am
Lyris.. Go girl...Looking great!

Crazy Girl.. love the layers... did know it was so long!

Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 10:48am
Lyris.....FABULOUS!! Your hair looks to be in wonderful condition and the red highlights are terrific. If you were a stylist, you would put others out of business just by walking around. GOOD FOR YOU!!
Merlin
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 3:03pm
Thanks Hal, my hair grew fairly fast I think. I need a trim though, I have some split ends.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/hair.jpg
Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 5:13pm
Looking beautiful, Lyris. How much growth do you have every month?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 8:03pm
Hi Lyris,

Thanks for sharing your photos with us!

I did not realize it was colored red. Is your natural hair color the rich brunette in your signature pic?

I wonder how much longer my hair is compared to what you consider "uber-long." Somehow I have a feeling what you consider to be "uber-long" is much shorter than where I am at. And you are surely a long way from "hippie" length. Rarely, people accuse me (in a joking way) of being a hippie. I respond with a puzzled look, tilt of the head, and the question, "what's a hippie?" hee hee.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 7:19am
I have red highlights?!?!? Haha, I took the photo in the company's bathroom under less-than-ideal lighting conditions with a poor digital camera. My hair is actually the color in my avatar. But thank you for the compliments anyway! Uber-long to me, Dave, is most assuredly shorter than your definition, no doubt! I am only aiming for BSL or slightly shorter. I expect to be there next spring at the standard 1/2 inch per month growth rate. Crazy Girl....your hair is indeed beautiful, as are you!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Girl Tia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girl Tia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 6:55pm
You have such beautiful hair Lyris. It is so smooth and healthy looking.

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2003 at 6:19am
Great hair Lyris! Beautiful color!
The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2003 at 9:48am
Lyris, thank you so much! I learned so much from you and this board.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/oct2003.jpg
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2003 at 7:14am
Aww, I'm glad to help girls. I learn so much from you too---you ALL brighten my day!
GINGERLEESPICE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINGERLEESPICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 4:40pm
Crasy Girl I REALLY love your hair what do you do for it??? Do you take any vitamins!! Reveal your secrets !!!! I love the color!! Can't wait to hear about it !!!!!!
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 4:58pm
Hi Geengerleespice!

Don't be fooled by the picture... I have lots of split ends I used to take Ultra Nourishair by GNC but I stopped. It was getting too expensive for me plus it felt like it stopped working. The first few months, I noticed less shedding then I stopped and started back on again after a couple of months, that's when I realized it didn't have the same effect anymore. Maybe it was just me.

Well, I dye my hair a lot and that is my main problem, dries up my hair and now, I got split ends. Most of the time at work, I go through my hair and cut the bad ends.

Thanks to Lyris, I am now addicted to All Soft shampoo and conditioner and their heavy cream!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/oct2003.jpg
GINGERLEESPICE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINGERLEESPICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2003 at 8:20pm
So Crazy girl you don't take any vitamins at all now?? Do you blow dry your hair?? Your hair looks really long! Where do you get your All Soft supplies?? Have you ever heard of MSM?? How often do you get your hair cut?? Sorry for all of the questions!!! But I like love your hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic