Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aloe Vera Gel For Textured Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lion099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lion099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aloe Vera Gel For Textured Hair?
    Posted: September 11 2014 at 6:14am

I have been doing a lot of research and experimentation on Aloe Vera for hair growth.  The people I know who use it on their curly or textured hair say its the very best for helping hair to grow and be thicker.

From what I can see, it's best to buy the aloe vera in leaf form. Cut off one end and squeeze the natural gel out and apply it to your scalp. For the aloe to work best, it seems it needs to be applied directly to the scalp.

My research shows aloe water is too diluted to work on the scalp, but it's good for your skin.

Although some people experience some enhanced hair growth, it doesn't always work for everyone. Also, some people are allergic to aloe and may experience a rash or itchiness. Start slow. Only apply a little bit to a small area of your scalp to make sure you're not allergic.

Have you tried aloe for your hair or for your skin?  What was the outcome?  Did you like it?  Did you buy it from a health food store or a grocery store.  Does that make a difference in your opinion?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic