Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frizzy Hair Need Haircut Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lion099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lion099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frizzy Hair Need Haircut Ideas
    Posted: September 16 2014 at 7:02pm
My hair is extremely frizzy.

I would describe it as having a texture which is between curly and wavy.

I can't do anything with it.  I'm getting a haircut next week.  Would love any help possible and/or suggestions.

Images or links to some ideas would be awesome.  I would feel very grateful for your ideas and suggestions. 

I've been told hair prone to frizz and only partially curly like mine does best at shoulder length?  Is this true?

I've been told a shoulder length cut  will provide enough body and bounce, and make for easy styling.  Do you all agree?   Yes/No?

vividamnesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vividamnesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 3:38am
Having naturally curly hair myself + being a stylist the last 18 years, honestly its all about a good cut for your hair type & finding the magic product. Shoulder length?! only if your hair is super fine & looks scraggly if longer or if you like a "bob" looking style. Sounds like you need to find a stylist that has wavy/curly hair or is experienced in this realm of hair. Check out mid range priced salons & ask the staff or stop a stranger in the street with hair similar to yours or what you think would work on yours & ask 4 their stylist.

A knowledgeable stylist will not use thinning shears on wavy/curly hair & have sharp tools to lessen frizz + can recommend a light cream based product applied to towel dried hair & let air dry to enhance waves . If your hair is not oily @ scalp, cut back on shampooing! Rinse well + condition only as this promotes natural oils to smooth down the hair shaft that shampoo strips out. Stop brushing it! only in the shower with conditioner it for detangling purposes!

When its wet, & you towel scrunch it is it curlier?...if so apply a curl cream,head upside down,scrunching through out, you will feel it disburse through hair, flip rightside up,shake it + let air dry with out brushing to not disturb waves. A proper layered cut brings out waves on mid-longer hair without a boring shoulder bob!
JMcC2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic