Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible Pink

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lion099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lion099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horrible Pink
    Posted: September 16 2014 at 7:14pm
I recently colored my hair with Loreal hi-color highlights in red.  This was the 2nd time I use the L'Oreal hi-color. 

Unfortunately the middle & ends of my hair wouldn't grab the color. After I was finished with my color processing, I noticed my roots had turned a bright Day-Glo pink. Not a cool pink like Katy Perry used to have, but a horrible pink.

I hate it.  It's really horrible.

Is there any way I can color over the red hair color or dispose of it without getting a terrible orange shade?  Do I need to bleach it first?  Or what can I do?
vividamnesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vividamnesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 5:26am
Did you color over old hi-lites or blonde with red? this makes pink also the roots are the hot zone where heat escapes your head so this boosts color processes too. Unfortunately bleach turns red pink & pink sticks in good. Red is quickest to fade & hardest to remove! Do not bleach! Sounds like your "K" deficient(protein=keratin) from chemical stripping midshaft-ends too! Hate to tell ya but you should see a pro to fix it.

You need protein replacement for color to bond properly to the hair that didn't take the color.
Red/pink is neutralized with a gree based ash but the level of the pink & level of the red need to be factored in to the process & will require 2 different formula to neutralize it plus the proteind parts need a prepig to match the level/base of the base chosen to target for the red/pink parts not to mention you might need a little gold on the red or pink hair so it avoids a muddy tone!

DIY=If you can get all your hair to be fairly even with the red ie. matching the red color with a non hilift red just a L'Oreal or other line basic red color then you can match the level/base of the red shade(the first # on hair color box is usually the base level but ask the cosmologist in case)
When you mix the new red color, let it sit 10 mins to pass lifting stage then apply for the 20mins for deposit only & setting stages of the 30 min total processing time.hopefully the uncolored hair will grab if its deposit only, shampoo/condt & totally dry hair as dampness makes the porosity unbalanced!  Apply a Natural=N or a NaturalAsh=NA @ the level/base of the red or 1 lv darker(smaller#) again after 10 mins after mixing for deposit only process remainder of time.

Too bad you have no pics. You can e-mail me if you like & I can figure the bases needed better @...jestylist@gmail.com....good luck!!!
JMcC2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic