Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting my naturally curls into layers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ziki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting my naturally curls into layers
    Posted: November 05 2014 at 2:20pm
My naturally curly hair is a ball of puffy frizz which ends right at my collarbone.  I have highlighted myself in the past which made it worse.

Based on all the descriptions, I believe my hair is Type 3 with maybe a little bit of Type 4.

I recently went to see a hair stylist and he told me that he would cut down on the puff without relaxing or straightening my curly hair.

The hairstylist told me he would cut my hair into shorter, graduated layers to free up the natural curl and add movement.  

He told me that the best way to control the curls would be to mix a dime-size amount of styling gel and cream into my hands and then twist the mixture

through individual sections of my hair when it's damp to create well-defined ringlets.  To preserve the curl, he told me I should blow-dry my hair with a diffuser attachment or let it air-dry.

I have not done anything yet.  I told the stylist I had to think about it.

I am worried that cutting my naturally curls into layers will make it too short and give me a triangle shape with a flat top and then bulk around the edges.

Isn't cutting natural curls into layers a BAD idea?

Thoughts?  Please help.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic