Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AAHH BALDING AT AGE 14..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AAHH BALDING AT AGE 14..
    Posted: June 30 2003 at 6:34pm
Hi I am a 14 year old Italian boy in Venice(please excuse my bad grammars)...I've been reading mostly every posts in this site for some answer to my problem, but unfortunately couldn't find any. For the past 3 YEARS i've been gelling, waxing, dying and doing all sorts of bad stuff to my hair. Although these hair products are a big factor to my hair loss, I think pulling and plucking my hair while styling is really the BIGGEST factor of my hair loss. Although my top hair isn't THAT bad, my side and back is really bad, i can see right through the hair. I've never realized this until recently and i started to cry all day. In Venice, all the doctors I've been to just told me to stop styling my hair this way if i wanted it to stop. Right now, I cut my long hair(in 11 years) so i dont have to style it. I dont think these doctors really know about this hair loss problem. I think it is called traction alopecia. FOr the past week i've been searching all over the internet to find some info but couldnt. If anybody knows about this alopecia please answer me back with the answers PLEASE. Here are some questions I would like to know:

1. How many years of pulling and styling will permanently destroy my hair follicle?
2.If i leave gel on and sleep, does it cause my head to lose permanent hair?
3.Can pills like Nuhair or Shen Min help to regrow my lost hair?

THANK YOU SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOOS MUCH FOR READING ABOUT MY PROBLEM EVEN IF YOU DONT KNOW THE ANSWER!!
AMERICA IS BEAUTIFUL!!
ParadigmX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParadigmX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2004 at 9:33am
Sorry pal, no idea. Wish I knew. I style my hair with wax too and keep it in even when I sleep. I''m not balding.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2004 at 10:46am
Unless you are pulling your hair out while styling it I don't think that is the problem... I'm pretty sure tugging on it won't hurt.. If you are pulling it out and can't stop, that is a problem. See a doctor! Otherwise I think its jsut you genes and if so I would suggest you keep it short, remember hair doesn't make you who you are and except it. Many boys here in the USA shave their heads even though the have a full head of hair. It's the style now! Be glad you were not like me... when I started losing mine.. long hair was king!
Jimmy the King View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy the King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2004 at 10:59pm
Try looking up the product Nioxin online. the headquaters are based in the usa in texas, the product has ben known to help for lost causes of hair loss
bollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2004 at 2:38pm
Hi. I have traction alopecia also. It sucks for now, and let's pray that your hair follices havent been scarred. IF they have been, the hair could never grow back. Mine comes from wearing headbands, so I stopped wearing them. It's been about a month, and I've seen some regrowth, but still have noticable hair loss. I must wait another 3 months at least to see if it all grows back. you should identify the cause of your alopecia and then go cold-turkey (leave your hair completely alone). then wait another few months and see where you are at. if you want more advice, see my post about "headband trouble." someone replied to me with really good ideas on growing the hair back, you shoud read it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic