Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clare Bowen Pixie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clare Bowen Pixie
    Posted: November 12 2015 at 10:39am
Clare Bowen plays Scarlet on ABC's Nashville. Apparently she cut it off on her own and it was written into the storyline.

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 10:40am
Here's the before
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 11:41am
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 11:42am
In the short haired picture she's frowning like someone just shot her dog. 
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 11:54am
I saw that and read it on her FB page. Very inspirational story and very personal for her i'm sure!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 4:13pm
Before was 75% extensions?
jug jug to dirty ears
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 4:20pm
Well, I will never understand the guilt rationale for anyone cutting their hair. Does the little girl about whom Clare refers have the right to dream of having beautiful long hair like Clare's or not? Admiration of a mesmerizing waterfall of blonde locks such as Clare's is natural for boys and girls, men and women. It has nothing to do with social norms. Beauty is beauty! 
What is a woman to do if she has a small cute nose prettier than everyone else's? How about a long sleek neck or dazzling eyes? Should she spend her life fretting about it or should she be grateful?
Look, just because the greatest beauty lies on the inside of a kind heart doesn't mean that the day will ever come when human beings will not be in awe of physical attractiveness. It's natural, and there is nothing wrong with it. 
Clare's hair was ravishing, and I think her cut is sad and pointless. Ermm
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 5:08pm
What she was saying, Bob, is that the little girl didn't think she could be a princess because she didn't have long hair. So Clare is saying, "Yeah, you can be -- see, I don't need mine!" I guess the little girl in question just isn't able to have her hair long, so serving Clare up as an aspirational goal wouldn't do much good. So she cut it short, and now the little girl has a beautiful role model to look up to.

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 6:48pm
Clare might have bought that little girl a princess wig. By her logic, she should wear short hair for the rest of her life, or else some little girl somewhere will feel deprived upon seeing her. Geek
P.S. I know my view is unpopular! lol That's OK! No big deal. 
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 11:55pm
Bob, you have been posting here for a long time, and I respect your liking of long hair, I really do, but what you said isn't unpopular, it's just callous.  

bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2015 at 6:51am
Completely agree ssjockey. It's one thing to like long hair. It's another for questioning motives on why she would cut it. Even if she did it for publicity, and even if it was majority extensions, if it helps one child feel special, just 1, then it was worth it. This world would be a MUCH better place if we placed others needs above our own!!!
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2015 at 8:55am
Sad and pointless.... pretty much sums up your opinion on nearly every haircut discussed on this board.

What is sad about making or even just tring to make someone, other than yourself, happy?

Would it be less pointless if she were growing it out to make u happy?
Rayman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2015 at 9:28am
At least on the picture that she posted, she looks way older. Will wait for more pics.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2015 at 6:06pm
I may be stating the obvious here, but Clare had the longest hair on TV, at least in the USA. I shuddered when she first mentioned on an episode of "Nashville" that she would be cutting her hair. She went way shorter than I thought she would. Any thoughts on who now has the longest hair on TV?
Who has more fun than people?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2015 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Bob, you have been posting here for a long time, and I respect your liking of long hair, I really do, but what you said isn't unpopular, it's just callous. 

Think as you wish, Jock. Every sick child tugs at people's heartstrings. The point in my mind is that this little girl wanted to look like a princess. Clare's cut seems to make more of an adult point about beauty. I still think that buying the child a long "princess" wig and tiara might have been more effective, esp. if it was presented by Clare herself. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic