Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Allergy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allergy?
    Posted: August 01 2004 at 1:56am
I've been trying to take Brewer's Yeast (it was one of the things recommended here to help hair grow in better), but I wonder if I might be allergic to it? My throat's been swelling a lot lately, but not painfully like a sore throat, just it's harder to swallow things. I also get a little wheezy sound if I try to breathe in very deeply. Also possibly worth noting, whenever I take the pills, it's hard to get them to go down, as it's like my body tries everything from gagging and throat contractions to almost vomiting to try to keep me from taking them. That doesn't happen with any of the other vitamins I take. I've stopped taking the yeast for a while to see if the symptoms ease. I guess I'll find out soon enough if that was really the problem.
More awesome than a manatee!
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 8:12pm
Kuroneko- It sounds as if you may be allergic to them. That is a good idea to quit taking them to see if your symptoms stop. Good luck to you! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Jimmy the King View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy the King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2004 at 7:54am
I'm allergic to Yeast
It's not uncommon
Try Horsetail instead it's an herb
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2004 at 11:45pm
Well, the yeast in bread gives me no problem. I suppose Brewer's Yeast is a different kind, then? Or is it possibly something else they put in the pills?
More awesome than a manatee!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2004 at 1:05am
The chemical composition of yeast in bread is different from the regular stuff... People often confuse it with nutritional, baker's or torula yeast. There's still a chance you're allergic to Brewer's Yeast, especially if you have a history of yeast infections or other fungal issues. or.... it could be reacting with other medications you may be taking. (e.g. MAOIs). Be sure to ask a healthcare professional.

Best of luck,
Anais
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 10:34am
It's also possible that the quantity of yeast in the pills is much higher than that in bread, and that it's the massive dose that is bringing out this reaction.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic