Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

only 15 and hair is coming out like crazy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: only 15 and hair is coming out like crazy
    Posted: August 22 2004 at 4:19pm
Have you lost a lot of weight lately?

Shedding seems to be very seasonal. I just noticed today that both the cat and I are shedding like crazy.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Jimmy the king View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy the king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 9:56pm
I dont want to be an alarmist but for your well being have your docotor check your thyroid levels, by a simple blood test. Thyroid problems can cause hair loss
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2004 at 7:05pm
Have you had any hair loss problems before? Being a teen, you could also be going through a hormone spike. Some people also find that they shed more during the summer, including myself. My hair also grows faster during the summer to make up for it.

That oil and honey treatment may have caused a lot of friction on your hair, especially if you massaged it in vigorously. It could just be a one-time massive loss. Eat right, take your vitamins, and keep an eye out for any changes. I hope your hair returns to normal again.

hugs to you,
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
summerblonde16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summerblonde16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2004 at 2:09pm
My hair has been coming out in bunches lately. For some reason it got really bad over this summer though. I don't know what it can be. I haven't been blow drying it or anything as much as I used to during the school year. I thought maybe my hair was dry and damaged so I made a hot oil treatment out of vegetable oil and honey and after I washed it out and combed my hair tons of hair came out worse than ever! I mean it wouldn't be bad if a little bit of hair came out cuz it's normal but this is a lot. I have no idea what to do! I haven't had my hair trimmed in a year but I'm going to get it trimmed this weekend. I don't know how much that will help though. I'm really worried. please give me any advice or help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic