Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Styles at the Oscars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst Styles at the Oscars
    Posted: February 29 2016 at 6:57pm
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 2:22pm
There are a few who can really rock short bangs and I love it when they do...unfortunately, Kate isn't one of them.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 9:22pm
Oh mercy. You'd think she'd have banked enough money to invest in a mirror.
Who has more fun than people?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2016 at 10:18pm
Thank you for posting this article; maybe I'm not crazy after all. I thought the Oscar hair overall was even worse than recent years, which is saying something. Flat, bland, colorless, frizzy, and puzzling style choices. If you can't 'do it up at the Oscars, when can you? 

The only hair I thought suited the occasion was Stacey Dash. I managed to admire it without paying any attention to whatever controversy she was mired in -- please don't harsh my mellow!

https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/stacey-dash-oscars-2016.jpg?w=620&h=420&crop=1
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2016 at 11:36pm
An article from the New York Times reporting on -- and defending -- this year's "casual" Oscar hairstyles:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/03/fashion/oscars-red-carpet-hair.html?_r=0

I find this heartbreaking. What one quoted stylist calls "modern" and "effortless" I call lazy and bland, a willful, puzzling intention NOT to look glamorous at the most glamorous event on the planet. If you don't go for polish, glamour and style here, exactly where do you go for it? What's the point of the dress, the jewelry and the makeup if the hair looks like you drove with the limo window open? Are there no grand actresses left in Hollywood who embrace Hollywood style? 

To me it's just evidence that the lazy, bland styles that are commonplace everywhere else in the village have finally reached the castle, and someone in the castle welcomed them in. Huzzah, now everyone looks like they just got back from the gym, got out of bed, or ran in from a rainstorm!
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2016 at 4:09pm
Well said, Curlyfan!
Who has more fun than people?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic