Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do people respond when you say you're growing out/cutting your hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do people respond when you say you're growing out/cutting your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
H.Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H.Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
Oh, your poor mother! I can relate with some bad haircuts I've had, but let's not have any flashbacks. . . . :) I'm glad she hasn't returned to the salon!!!Jade21, how long has it taken you to grow your hair? Has it always been this long, or have you cut it and regrown it?
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
>Hi, H. Taylor!I can tell you that this is probably the longest that I have ever had my hair. If you've read some of my posts, you know that my hair didn't grow past my shoulders (dusting them) until I was 17. I have usually worn my hair since then a few inches past my bra. It was about two years ago that I got split ends cut off, leaving my hair at shoulder-length. I had not been taking care of my hair like I should have and the splits invaded:) Also, I was going through the cycle of growth and splits for a good while. I couldn't get the benefit of growth. My hair was so dull and lifeless.With new hair care products (Aubrey Organics), some good supplement and food combinations, Hair Boutique (Karen and everyone), and a regular hair routine which I established for myself, I have gotten some wonderful results. That first year was the hardest. I was extremely impatient--the "grow already" headache. As more time passed, the more progress I saw. True regeneration! Length, strength and shine.Like your interest in Viviscal, I tried a variety of different supplements and food combinations, just to see what effect it would have on my hair. It's been a wild time. Some folks on the Original Hair Talk talked about taking a biotin supplement in huge amounts. I started taking anywhere from 1.8-2.7mg per day to improve my nails which were splitting from house cleaning and the colder weather. My nails grew like crazy and looked like they were someone else's they were so white at the tips and strong. An additional result was that when I brushed my hair, which I hadn't done for about two months, three to four hairs came out in the brush. That blew me away.Take care and bye for now...Jade21> Jade21, how long has it taken you to grow your hair?> Has it always been this long, or have you cut it and> regrown it?
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
>Hi, Lurker!I have to agree with you completely. I would only add that delving into people's personal choices and lives in matters well beyond hair has become too commonplace. Frankly, I think the trend is horrible.Bye for now,Jade21If you read this message board, you will find that a> central theme in lots of the experiences posted here> is that other people seem to want to make it THEIR> business how you wear YOUR hair (or in this case your> daughter's).> For some reason, this seems to be a recurring theme in> our society: some people are just obsessed about> telling other people how to wear/cut/color their hair!> It is often masked in the guise of "business> matters", and often it is in the context of> "family relationships" or it is between> partners/lovers, etc.> I don't know WHY, but this does seem to come up A LOT.> I guess that it is just a powerful issue for some> reason....
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
> I have to agree with you completely. I would only add> that delving into people's personal choices and lives> in matters well beyond hair has become too> commonplace. Frankly, I think the trend is horrible.> Bye for now,> Jade21I agree 100% as well. For more, read the true story Iposted at (what is now) the head of the list of conversationthreads.
David M Squires
H.Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H.Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:47pm
You know what's funny? I've forgotten to take my Viviscal for something like a week now! With oral arguments and exams, I'm lucky I'm remembering to take my bc pill! :)I'm glad your hair is finished with the "grow already" stage. :) Lucky girl! One of these days I hope to be through it, as well. . . .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic