Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sara Ramirez

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sara Ramirez
    Posted: September 13 2016 at 8:41pm
A couple of years ago, she was the "victim" of a shorter haircut given to her on screen by one of the others on the show but has always had longer hair; this is definitely different.  Can't wait to other pictures and how they work it into the plot of the show but I just found out that she's no longer on "Grey's Anatomy"

http://www.glamour.com/story/sara-ramirez-greys-anatomy-short-haircut

Edited by HAWG - September 13 2016 at 9:32pm
HAWG
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 10:00pm
now that's a shame
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 1:17am
Gasp! Another waste of beautiful hair. 
Who has more fun than people?
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 5:17am
Way too far
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 8:59am
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Way too far

When she's lost loveshorthair, you know she went overboard.

It really is a baffling change just due to the extreme nature of it, if nothing else. She, of course, can wear a wig for any roles, so that's kind of a non-issue (see Johansson, Scarlett). But, given the waning nature of the trend (the above referenced Ms. Johansson is even growing hers out), it still surprising.

As for the aesthetics of it, it's hard for that severe a cut to be flattering on anyone, though there are exceptions to that rule. Sara, unfortunately, isn't one of them. If she kept away from the scissors (and clippers) 'til Christmas (unlikely), a couple of inches of growth with her natural wave would actually look pretty cute.

I'm not holding my breath.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 9:35am
the LOB she had a few years back looked very good on her, IMHO.  And I love short hair on women, maybe to a fault, but I hope she likes the haircut, because I do not think it is very flattering.  If she like is, good for her, but it is not my cup of tea...
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 9:58am
I liked the bob she got several years ago on the show with the blue stripe, and I'm all for going short again, but this is way too short for my taste.

On the plus side, she should have a lot of cute grow-out styles down the line.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 1:37pm
Here's the worst part - when she cut it all off, she donated it to Loves of Love

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJotTCmj7CU/?taken-by=therealsararamirez
HAWG
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 5:24pm
That's one miserable haircut. Cool "Time for a trim", she says? Really? LOL
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2016 at 4:35pm
Ouch. and I'm a lover of short hair.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2016 at 9:05pm
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2016 at 3:21pm
Oh, much better!
Who has more fun than people?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2016 at 7:49pm
So much for my "looking forward to grow-out styles" comment...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic