Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Re: Unfortunate Haircuts and To Animated Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Re: Unfortunate Haircuts and To Animated Discussions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Unfortunate Haircuts and To Animated Discussions
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:49pm
I read the thread about the "Darker Side" and have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. Jeff's right about the sniping which is dirty pool, accomplishes little, but which I can understand.I know this may surprise some of you who read this, but I have to say that I agree with Lurker. The bottom line is that when you go to a salon, especiallyon a whim, and give a stylist full license with your hair, you get what you get. At the same time, I am compassionate enough to realize that not every woman or man is confident enough to tell the stylist to stop or simply get up and leave. I do not intend to imply in any way that Lurker is not compassionate. He comes across as a very hard-nosed individual and he is entitled to his opinion and the way he expresses it.To add to something to which Karen said, a reputable, truly professional stylist would follow a client's instructions. But these days, they are few and far between. With this in mind, a potential bride, businessman or woman, must consider what he or she is up against. With that knowledge, clients can make much better decisions.With that said, I just have a special note for Lurker. I don't care whether you're a Lurker or a Poster, or an individual, please contribute to the discussion as you see fit. As Jeff said, none of us appreciate personal attacks or bad sniping, but with a heated discussion, it can happen. Jeff and Karen are here to make the hard, borderline decisions about whether something is posted. With that in mind, continue to contribute.All the Best to Everyone,Jade21
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:49pm
> I read the thread about the "Darker Side"> and have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. Jeff's> right about the sniping which is dirty pool,> accomplishes little, but which I can understand.> I know this may surprise some of you who read this,> but I have to say that I agree with Lurker. The bottom> line is that when you go to a salon, especiallyon a> whim, and give a stylist full license with your hair,> you get what you get. At the same time, I am> compassionate enough to realize that not every woman> or man is confident enough to tell the stylist to stop> or simply get up and leave. I do not intend to imply> in any way that Lurker is not compassionate. He comes> across as a very hard-nosed individual and he is> entitled to his opinion and the way he expresses it.> To add to something to which Karen said, a reputable,> truly professional stylist would follow a client's> instructions. But these days, they are few and far> between. With this in mind, a potential bride,> businessman or woman, must consider what he or she is> up against. With that knowledge, clients can make much> better decisions.> With that said, I just have a special note for Lurker.> I don't care whether you're a Lurker or a Poster, or> an individual, please contribute to the discussion as> you see fit. As Jeff said, none of us appreciate> personal attacks or bad sniping, but with a heated> discussion, it can happen. Jeff and Karen are here to> make the hard, borderline decisions about whether> something is posted. With that in mind, continue to> contribute.> All the Best to Everyone,> Jade21Hello Jade21Yes actually Lurker made a very logical point which cover a fraction of a conversation.I am not surprise at all that you would have seen it as I have also. I wanted to tell him but I didn't have that chance as he felt he was attacked which is sad. I guess he didn't realize that lol means laughing online and I was teasing him only and I did appreciate him.Maybe at times we should email someone directly and ask .I guess Lurker is someone that has no problems making decisions and wouldn't be influence under pressure. As we know not everyone is like that so for that reason I really enjoyed Jeff's post.The bottom line is that discussions are to bring out ideas etc and there shouldn't be any reasons to get upset but at times it is a tough lesson to learn as I been there myself so I understand him.There are so mamy angles to this discussion that each angle can become very good rich discussions that everyone can learn and appreciate to discuss. It can be confusing when things are thrown in like a potpourri.Have a nice hair day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic