Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RE-H. Taylors post on growing hair/or cutting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simone.(C). View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C). Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RE-H. Taylors post on growing hair/or cutting
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
Hi,Just a quick thankyou for your post, no-one can or will ever persuede me to cut my hair as I'm Growing for it, I'm posting this as the one I just sent did'nt show up on the board!!, could be an overload!!Take Care,Simone.(C).
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
Simone, I love reading posts like this because I see that other people are also standing strong on growing out/maintaining their hair! It may not seem like such a big deal, but I really consider hair to be expressive of the person. . .and I've spent far too much time worrying about how others want me to express myself, as opposed to doing it the way I truly wish. So. . .here's to longer lengths! :)
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
To Simone, H.Taylor, and all others to whom this message may apply:YOU GROW, GIRLS! :-)Dave
David M Squires
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:50pm
> To Simone, H.Taylor, and all others to whom this> message may apply:> YOU GROW, GIRLS! :-)> DaveRight on, Dave! LOL! Thanks!!!
J. Nieman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J. Nieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:51pm
This is for anyone and everyone who has long hair! Help!!! My hair is about 3 inches from my waist. I used to always have really short hair (above my chin kind of short) about 3 years ago when my hair was about 4 inches long I decided to let it grow. Now I don't know what to do with it! It's one length except for bangs. My hair is very thick and it gives me headaches. also I don't know any ways to put it up it's too heavy for a pony tail
Teresa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:51pm
Hello.Congratulations on growing your hair out. It sounds lovely. It sounds like you are in a similar situation as a good friend of mine. When I first met her her hair didn't cover her ears. Now, for the first time in her life, it's down to her waist. She's mastered the bun that I describe below and is working on learning to braid her own hair now.There are many different styling options with long hair. My favorites are braids. I find that a braid distributes the weight of my hair much more evenly than a ponytail and doesn't cause headaches.If you don't know how to braid there are many books available. You can check the book reviews from the front page of this site to find a good one. You can also find books at the bookstores in the mall. There are a couple of really good ones put out by Klutz press. They show simple step by step instructions for many styles. They even have a book called something like Braids and Bows that is designed for children and shows how to do braids and how to make several different styles of barettes.Other than braids, have you tried a bun? They are relatively simple to do after a bit of practice. Just brush your hair back and gather it as if you were making a high ponytail. Hold the base of the tail in one hand and begin twisting the hair with the other hand. As you twist let the hand that is twisting slide further down the length of the hair. When you have enough hair twisted, begin coiling it around the base of the tail. Then use the hand that was holding the ponytail to hold the coiled hair while you continue to twist and coil the rest of the hair to the ends. Just tuck the ends under when you reach them. You can hold it all in place several different ways. One of the easiest is to use a pair of hairsticks. Another way is to use the large (3") hairpins. With the hairpins you will want to start pinning the hair in place as soon as you have one complete coil in place and just keep pinning each coil as you make it. (My hair is knee length and takes about three coils.)Have you checked out the styles that Karen gives directions for? She has everything from simple styles to wear to work, to fancy updo's to wear for formal occasions. I think they are listed under the tips section, which can also be reached from the front page of this site.Good luck with your hair,Teresa
Simone.(C). View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C). Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
Dave,What a cool Guy- Thanks for the support you lovely Man!!Simone.(C). ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic