Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oscars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscars
    Posted: February 27 2017 at 9:31am
I guess someone should start a thread. Halle Berry looked good with her tweaked afro. Charlize Theron seemed to have gone super short, but had a sculpted pony tail--a good look too. Emma Stone really put her assets to good use. I don't think she is a natural great beauty but he hair and dress were nice. I didn't particularly like Katy Perry's blonde style. She's been there before, so nothing new. There was nothing wrong with it. Just a bit bland. Jessica Biel was smart and Meryl Streep less so. After all the fuss about her dress, she turned up in some ugly purple creation--totally unsuited to her. Her hair was as stringy and lifeless as usual. I never saw anything particularly great in her acting, so it is rather amazing to me that she has been nominated 20 times.

* Oh forgot Scarlet...I don't like that shaved sides and bouncy top look. A question of personal opinion I guess.

Edited by fatmoogas - February 27 2017 at 9:52am
jug jug to dirty ears
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 10:51am
Nice synopsis. I wasn't too crazy about Halle Berry's natural look and I liked Scarlett Johannson's short back and sides.

I too wonder about Meryl Streep; I have never been able to sit through one of her movies.

Michelle Williams was shorter and blonder than I've ever seen - I liked the cut but the color was over the top for me.

Viola Davis looked good also but that tress that was interfering with her left eyelash during her acceptance speech was very distracting.  Jennifer Aniston's center part didn't work for me; have never liked it on her and never will.

The girl who sang the song from Moana, Auli'i Cravalho, looked great

did anyone else see her get hit in the head with one of the flags while she was singing? She didn't miss a beat.

Ginnifer Goodwin looked good also; finally lost all that weight she gained during her pregnancies.

Overall, some pretty boring hair throughout the evening

HAWG
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 11:34am
I think Scarlett looked a bit odd...if she's (supposedly) the most beautiful woman, why would she butcher her hair like that .  Michelle Williams was a little too short.  But overall a fairly lackluster evening(just my opinions of course)
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 5:53pm
Hello....Scarlett is one of the most beautiful woman, which is why she can do pretty much anything with her hair and still look awesome.  Edgy women are sexy.
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 8:11pm
Scarlett's lookat the Vanity Oscar Party was more fun 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter - Arrivals : News Photo
2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter - Arrivals : News Photo
US-OSCARS-VANITY FAIR-PARTY-PEOPLE : News Photo
2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter - Inside : News Photo
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 8:50pm
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2017 at 7:54pm
Scarlett Johansson’s side-shaved rock ’n’ roll pompadour felt so fresh that Halle Berry (who had a hair moment herself with a voluminous mane) told Ms. Johansson when passing her on the red carpet, “You’re making me miss short hair.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/fashion/oscars-beauty-trends.html?_r=0
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic