Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ear Tuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ear Tuck
    Posted: April 20 2017 at 12:12pm
Like Natasha said
HAWG
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 11:28am
What bugs me about the ear tuck is it hints to me that the woman has a style that doesn't work well as it's intended to be worn. If your hair constantly falls in your face when it's styled correctly, such that you need to keep pushing and tucking it out of the way in order to see and be seen, isn't that style kind of failing you? How about trying a different style that doesn't cause that problem, or tweaking that style with, say, bangs? 

It also bugs me when it becomes so ubiquitous, especially because there's a "cutesy" element to the tuck that seems inappropriate for serious newswomen. (You never see Barbara Starr doing the ear tuck...)
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 7:56am
There's really only one instance that I like the ear tuck -- when a woman does it while flirting. Then, it's killer.

Maybe when she starts out with it tucked, we get a subliminal message that flirting won't happen and that's why we're like 'meh' in response...
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 5:13am
I guess most people don't mind the ear tuck...though I disagree it is for convenience to avoid hair in the eyes.  Look at the pics, the tuck is on the non-long side...it would seem that someone tucking hair to keep out of their eyes would tuck on the long (sweeping) side.
I'll go with esmith's suggestion...untuck for the start
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 10:34pm
i'm with Kathryn, as convenient as that length is the options are somewhat limited
esmith7713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esmith7713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 5:19pm
altho they all have great hair!  i love alex wagner's and kate bolduan's bob the best -but all are great!  i too would love to see untucked- just once!  start the broadcast that way- then tuck away!
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 1:36pm
IMO there's absolutely nothing wrong with the ear tuck. I think it's sexy.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 5:21am
I think you said it best....fringe Smile
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2017 at 3:32am
Spoken like someone who has never dealt with mid-length hair. Short of a fringe or some sort of accessory what would you have them do? Hair covering the eye and face isn't really practical for the news.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 9:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic