Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Megan Fox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Megan Fox
    Posted: May 14 2017 at 4:56pm
One for Kramer here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4503446/Megan-Fox-looks-flawless-casual-outing-family.html
jug jug to dirty ears
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 11:28pm
Happy Mother's Day!
Who has more fun than people?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 9:07am
One for the good guys, FINALLY. Wink
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

"Good" Guys?  So does that mean if I don't like long, fake hair that I am bad, or evil?

The long, fake hair does nothing for me.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 8:08am
In this case it means guys that negatively stereotype or say mean things about women with hair styles they don't like or more simply gluteus maximus holes!

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 10:02am
So, in the interest of trying to bridge the gap between yet another pair of partisan, polarized groups (i.e., Long hair fans vs. Short hair fans), I'd like to issue the JerkyFlea Challenge for the next month.

Here's how it would work: When posting your opinion about a celebrity style, include an attempt to view it from the other side of the follicular aisle. Or, at least, make an effort at an "objective" opinion along with your "subjective" one.

For example, on the lovely Megan Fox, who is the topic of this particular discussion...

SUBJECTIVE: Being a fan of blue-eyed brunettes, it's very difficult to find fault with Megan's long wavy hair. It could possibly be a bit shorter since she's edging into 90s Alanis territory here, but there is still something undeniably sexy about it.

OBJECTIVE: Megan is gorgeous and thus it is difficult to come up with a hairstyle that she couldn't make attractive in at least some way (see Perry, Katy). However, that doesn't mean that some styles aren't more flattering than others. In this particular case, she could easily loose 8 inches or so (bringing it up to chest/mid-back level) with some additional layers to bring out her natural wave and add fullness. Ultimately, nothing any shorter than lob level. She could easily go short (i.e., layered bob to longish pixie) and still be stunning, but it just wouldn't be her "sweet spot".

So...any takers?

As usual,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 10:46am
Sounds like a fine policy to me...
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 10:49am
I going to assume, in part or whole, the above was directed at me as JF has followed more than one of my post that I scold Kramer or Bob S... 

I've have never had an issue with Gord, Kramer, Bob S or even (lets go way back) Dave Deckers preferences, love or possible fetish for long hair(as opposed to my own for short hair)... its always the following nastiness that annoys me, "the waste if great hair", "now just another soccer mom" or the newest "stepford wife" comment. Why does the statement of a preference by these few so often have to be followed by a degrading statement?

JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 11:50am
I like it, she rocks the really long hair, although it's tough for her to not look good as long as she stays a brunette.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

I going to assume, in part or whole, the above was directed at me as JF has followed more than one of my post that I scold Kramer or Bob S... 

I've have never had an issue with Gord, Kramer, Bob S or even (lets go way back) Dave Deckers preferences, love or possible fetish for long hair(as opposed to my own for short hair)... its always the following nastiness that annoys me, "the waste if great hair", "now just another soccer mom" or the newest "stepford wife" comment. Why does the statement of a preference by these few so often have to be followed by a degrading statement?

Actually, Hal, it was directed to the group. And any of your above examples would be fine in the "subjective" section. I'm just asking everyone (myself included) who's opinion on a given celebrity style or change could be predicted before it is ever written to give my Challenge a shot. :)
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 1:21pm
I have always said that Long Hair Styles or Short Hair Styles are NEVER good or bad in general.  It is opinion that a particular person looks better with long hair or short hair.  It is a pet peeve of mine when mass generalizations are made that say one way is good or bad.  Either you like it or you don't.  I appreciate it when Kramer shows pics of celebs with long hair as a counter point to when a 

It is also a pet peeve of mine when someone makes it sound personal that a Celebrity either cuts their hair or grows it out.  A celeb has their own reasons for either cutting or growing their hair and with few exceptions, they do not cut or grow based on the dictates of their fans... Alanis Morissette did not chop her hair off because of her fans, she wanted to.  We can be disappointed or happy because they did what they did, but it is not a universal.

I'm not always perfect, and I will mis-speak occasionally.  to JF's point, it's OK to say "I believe she now looks like a Stepford Wife", or "I hate to see all that beautiful hair cut off".  It's not OK to say "She would look better with a pixie".  always feel free to add IMHO, or In My Humble Opinion...

OK, off the soap box, IMHO ssjockey
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

"Good" Guys?  So does that mean if I don't like long, fake hair that I am bad, or evil?
The long, fake hair does nothing for me.

You have nailed me!!! It's true. When I think of **evil**, two names come to mind: ssjockey and Snidely Whiplash. But at least Snidely doesn't take my remarks about HAIR too seriously..... Ermm

Big smile
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 8:58pm
Just to stir the pot a little...

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 11:23pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4513030/Megan-Fox-pretty-purple-Brian-Austin-Green-runs-errands.html
jug jug to dirty ears
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 7:42am
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Thanks LSH. That kinda goes to my "objective" comment above. Megan is still gorgeous because...well...she's a gorgeous woman. However, that's just not a great length for her. Her face shape there is more round than oval and so the bob tends to emphasize that. Shape-wise, it would be more flattering if it was a more layered (i.e., less full) bob or if the length were more toward a long pixie or to at least her collar bone.

It's hard to "ugly up" Megan, but there would be better styles for her than this.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Thanks LSH. That kinda goes to my "objective" comment above. Megan is still gorgeous because...well...she's a gorgeous woman. However, that's just not a great length for her. Her face shape there is more round than oval and so the bob tends to emphasize that. Shape-wise, it would be more flattering if it was a more layered (i.e., less full) bob or if the length were more toward a long pixie or to at least her collar bone.

It's hard to "ugly up" Megan, but there would be better styles for her than this.

Agree, just trying to be funny in a sadistic way.  I did see somewhere her with a layered cut just past the chin and wasn't bad at all....looked totally different.  Can't find the pic again...could of been a long time ago.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 10:39am
The $64000 question:

Did she have a trim?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4548822/Megan-Fox-shows-slender-legs-leaves-yoga-class.html
jug jug to dirty ears
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 6:37pm
Yeah, her version of a Mom Chop!
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2017 at 12:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic