Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A thought with some humor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A thought with some humor
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:51pm
Sometimes I wonder if when some people go to the stylist they are put under some sort of spell that enables them to stand up for their rights.The other day I was shopping at the styling shop that was Italian based.After every haircut the owner of the shop would actually shake the person hands, or kiss or hug themNow think of it. I had to laugh when I start thinking about it. Cut your hair and get a kiss from the owner.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:51pm
> Sometimes I wonder if when some people go to the> stylist they are put under some sort of spell that> enables them to stand up for their rights.I think you meant "... disables them from standing up..."Interesting question. I think one's ability to "stand up for theirrights," so to speak, is related to the firmness of one's conviction toensure that they get exactly what they want. In part, it may be becausethe stylist cannot then fail to understand that you mean business. Itdepends on the stylist, though.> The other day I was shopping at the styling shop that> was Italian based.> After every haircut the owner of the shop would> actually shake the person hands, or kiss or hug them> Now think of it. I had to laugh when I start thinking> about it. Cut your hair and get a kiss from the owner.Are you suggesting that the kiss/hug serves as reward, or motivation? :-)Sounds like a warm and friendly person. Expressions of affection arenever a bad characteristic.Dave
David M Squires
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:51pm
> I think you meant "... disables them from> standing up..."> Interesting question. I think one's ability to> "stand up for their> rights," so to speak, is related to the firmness> of one's conviction to> ensure that they get exactly what they want. In part,> it may be because> the stylist cannot then fail to understand that you> mean business. It> depends on the stylist, though.> Are you suggesting that the kiss/hug serves as reward,> or motivation? :-)> Sounds like a warm and friendly person. Expressions of> affection are> never a bad characteristic.> DaveHello Dave:Hugs and kisses when they are done without the exchange of money is sincere, real affection . When it done with the exchange of money it is call marketing.It is very obvious in this case that the owner is persuaving his clients to come back with his act of affection. The motivation is to persuade them to come back for a hair cut etc which is perfectly legal lolHey Dave maybe in your area that isn't so common but here everyone hugs and kiss lolI am teasing you Dave.Diane
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:51pm
> Hello Dave:> Hugs and kisses when they are done without the> exchange of money is sincere, real affection . When it> done with the exchange of money it is call marketing.Very aptly put.> It is very obvious in this case that the owner is> persuaving his clients to come back with his act of> affection. The motivation is to persuade them to come> back for a hair cut etc which is perfectly legal lolYes, I agree. I understood this. And yes it is legal.Caveat emptor.> Hey Dave maybe in your area that isn't so common but> here everyone hugs and kiss lol> I am teasing you Dave.> DianeSo then does the fact that this form of expression is socommon there blunt the effectiveness of the "reward?"Actually, in your city, he might be seen as odd if he didn'texpress affection in this manner...Dave
David M Squires
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:52pm
> Very aptly put.> Yes, I agree. I understood this. And yes it is legal.> Caveat emptor.> So then does the fact that this form of expression is> so> common there blunt the effectiveness of the> "reward?"> Actually, in your city, he might be seen as odd if he> didn't> express affection in this manner...> DaveIN my city it isn't so weird to see that sort of affection but he went a bit overboard . My city has a lot of european type of cultures.diane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic