Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey, JerkyFlea!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
> Maybe I'll pursue a new job in the business of> strengthening> US-Canada relations? :-)** I was thinking instead that you should run a ranch/spa for people who are trying to grow their hair out. It would be like those weight loss and fitness retreats, except it would cater to those who crave long hair in a short-hair world.Instead of five-star chefs, you could have have chemists and cosmetologists mixing customized conditioners. You could teach classes on how to take care of your hair, how to rebuff unsolicited comments, and basically shield guests from the hypercritical world until the most difficult stages of "growing out" were over.Horseback-riding would be a nice touch, too. I was thinking you could build it on the U.S./Canada border.Let me know. I can pack my bags tonight.Ally
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Hi Ally,Thank you for the compliment :-)I'm still trying to understand how you see her hair as being "stringy,"but not my somewhat-similar hair? Surely it isn't the proportion ofone's face that actually makes hair less "stringy" (you are describingthe hair as being stringy). Perhaps you are suggesting that some faces"help" make hair appear to be not (or less) "stringy?"> Of course, beauty is subjective a large degree.Absolutely true. And these perceptions change over time.> I think Uma Thurman is the most beautiful woman on earth, hands down.Proof of the subjectivity of beauty (not intended as a slight to you orto her).> So it's possible that a lot of others find Alanis lovely, stringy> hair and all. Go figure.I'm sure that many people find her appearance lovely. Count me amongthem :-)Dave
David M Squires
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Ally, LOL!Great ideas!!Wouldn't that be nice, though? :-)Karen Shelton would be the keynote speaker. And then, of course, therewould be Dawn teaching the art of hair-jewelry making, and of coursethe classes that you mention. Sounds like a full agenda. We couldstart by scheduling an outing at an existing retreat, and grow from there.Hmmmm... what say, all? :-)Dave
David M Squires
Kent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
This could be the start of something and perhaps a simple outing would be the way to start.I'd be glad to help with the classes on how to respond to those negative comments plus any other help that would encourage people.I say go for it!Kent
Kent
Diane k. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane k. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
> Ally, LOL!> Great ideas!!> Wouldn't that be nice, though? :-)> Karen Shelton would be the keynote speaker. And then,> of course, there> would be Dawn teaching the art of hair-jewelry making,> and of course> the classes that you mention. Sounds like a full> agenda. We could> start by scheduling an outing at an existing retreat,> and grow from there.Dave and All,Count me in to!! Id love to do some fancy updo styles for the after hours crowd. Something for a romantic evening or a heavy night of Dancing till ya drop!!Sounds like a great time!When is this bus leaving town because Im on it!:)Diane K.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> This could be the start of something and perhaps a> simple outing would be the way to start.> I'd be glad to help with the classes on how to respond> to those negative comments plus any other help that> would encourage people.> I say go for it!> KentOkay gang but what is the exact distance between the borders. Maybe Dave could start a new village and name it .Diane
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Okay gang but what is the exact distance between the> borders.Is this a trick question? There is no distance betweenadjoining borders... :-)> Maybe Dave could start a new village and name it.Utopia?
David M Squires
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Dave and All,> Count me in to!! Id love to do some fancy updo styles> for the after hours crowd. Something for a romantic> evening or a heavy night of Dancing till ya drop!!> Sounds like a great time!> When is this bus leaving town because Im on it!:)> Diane K.Another great idea, Diane K!I almost forgot to include H.Taylor, Regina, et. al. for adissertation on the effects of Viviscal...Sounds like quite a good time ... :-)
David M Squires
Jeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Is this a trick question? There is no distance between> adjoining borders... :-)> Utopia?How about Hairtopia?
xoom!
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Is this a trick question? There is no distance between> adjoining borders... :-)> Utopia?I would have to phone customs to really know that answer. I think there might be a few yards between both customs areas so think of it this would be a very long and narrow village called? I like Jeff name for the town.
Dave View Drop Down

> How about Hairtopia?LOL Jeff!Good one.
David M Squires
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic