Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are extensions killing interest on the board?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are extensions killing interest on the board?
    Posted: November 23 2017 at 10:52am
All ladies are chamelions these days--like Demi Lovato recently decided she wanted to look like her namesake Demi Moore with long black hair--and voila, there it is overnight! Halle Berry continually changes her style--and I really have no idea what her real hair looks like these days.

Anyway, it takes away the enthusiasm to talk about these things as someone can be long short long short within a couple of weeks. It's kind of like changing dresses!
jug jug to dirty ears
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2017 at 11:33am
I don't think so.  I think that because Hairboutique itself doesn't have the content it used to is more to blame.  Also, most of us who post more than others have hashed out the long hair/short hair/extensions/not argument so much, certain discussions are not that interesting to us anymore.  I've been posting on this board for over 16 years.  That's a long time.  We don't see a lot of new blood.  But the board is still very interesting to me, it is well moderated, and available 99.999% of the time!  Karen and company do a great job keeping it up and running.  

HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2017 at 4:26pm
I personally don't care for extensions, but several people can pull them off. 

I've been here since 2003 and the site goes through slow and fast patches. Over-all, I have gotten more enjoyment from this site than most others. 
Peace to all
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2017 at 9:14pm
For me, posting "fake news" from sites that claim someone got a big haircut when really it's a wig is more of a turnoff than extensions. I lurk more, post less about my likes and dislikes and get bullied less. Happy Thanksgiving.
Who has more fun than people?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 5:28am
Personally, I used to find it interesting that a short haircut or a grow out was a big step and we could watch what was developing with interest: but now, with extensions, it is just so simple. Sure we have talked about them a lot but their use and acceptance has become ever more ubiquitous. Does anyone have any idea what Rihanna's or Beyonce's or Lady Gaga's hair really looks like? Do we care any more? Do they? Interesting about the board. Last time I checked there didn't seem to be much activity anywhere except here. Anyway, I guess Karen and her team keeps the ball rolling.

You are a legend of the board Kramer. Please stay strong!
jug jug to dirty ears
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2017 at 7:55pm
I've also been on the board for a long time, mostly lurking, and I miss Kramer's posts.  : (

I also wish Ginnifer Goodwin would grow her hair out.  
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2017 at 9:09pm
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 6:51am
Hmm.  I am genuinely surprised although it is the very earliest stages of a grow out.  But I can see just a little bit of hair peeking out from the back.  But this could be exciting.  

She has consistently had the shortest hair cuts for a female celebrity that I can think of over the past few years.  This after several years of longish hair.  I won't get greedy, if she could go back to the chin length bob I would be content. 
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 9:49am
i think that the paucity of celebrities who have the patience to grow natural long hair certainly hasn't helped. As well, the formulaic not-quite-short, not quite-long cuts that virtually all famous people have opted for lately are generally yawners. Pleasant but not exceptional in any way. 
And, I might as well say it, women acting like farm animals in public is a major turn-off for me, no matter what they look like. I am older, but Gals, classy is sexy, at any age, with any hairstyle!  Wink
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

i think that the paucity of celebrities who have the patience to grow natural long hair certainly hasn't helped. As well, the formulaic not-quite-short, not quite-long cuts that virtually all famous people have opted for lately are generally yawners. Pleasant but not exceptional in any way. 
And, I might as well say it, women acting like farm animals in public is a major turn-off for me, no matter what they look like. I am older, but Gals, classy is sexy, at any age, with any hairstyle!  Wink

I agree with Bob (except for the farm animals comment, not sure what that means): the dominance these days of fake hair (extensions, wigs, clip-in bangs), boring trends (I'm looking at you, lob), irritating trends (brash colors), irritating celebrities who change their hair constantly (Kardashians), and even overblown headlines has dampened my enjoyment a bit. There are still plenty of celebs making interesting changes, like Katie Holmes's recent short cut, but sifting through the noise to find the signal feels tougher these days.

But I don't think it's killing the board; at least I hope not! I still check it often.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 9:57am
I agree with Bob **(except for the farm animals comment, not sure what that means)**: the dominance these days of fake hair (extensions, wigs, clip-in bangs), boring trends (I'm looking at you, lob), irritating trends (brash colors), irritating celebrities who change their hair constantly (Kardashians), and even overblown headlines has dampened my enjoyment a bit. There are still plenty of celebs making interesting changes, like Katie Holmes's recent short cut, but sifting through the noise to find the signal feels tougher these days.

There *M* are many *I* examples, *L* but I won't *E* mention anyone *Y* in particular. Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic