Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some thoughts on board posting...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TDurden2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some thoughts on board posting...
    Posted: November 28 2017 at 12:55am
So this is probably a riff off the "are extensions killing the board" topic started earlier...

1)  Some of you have been around over a decade...wow
2)  I think one of the reasons why the board goes dead for days at a time that was NOT mentioned in the "killing" topicis that people are kinda lazy.
A- Some of us reply with comments and no pics (a peeve of mine tbh)...For example "Celeb Foo" [x new replies] .... instead of actual info you sometimes get 5 replies commenting and inserting poster's approval/disapproval.  To me this is LITTLE better than click bait.  There are updates out there.
      -Personally I think there should be x>=1 pics/post (TB pic if nothing is new) Of course, I also think posts should just have the person's name...that way you get a wiki of celeb's hair history in one fell swoop...my opinion so I digress...
B- The celeb index is rather old. The board gravitates toward the tried and true ... where are all the emerging faces.
      -for example Paris Berelc (Disney but, hey Disney pretty much owns the new blood pipeline). fyi Paris chopped off a foot and a half of hair pretty recently...
      -TLDR: introduce a way to insert little known names into the board...might be an interesting, creative project?

Thoughts?

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 2:19am
When the forum started, there were dozens of active boards, now, this is the only board with active posters.  With that said, this is the best hair board for celebrities.  Things go dead for a couple of days at a time because there is no news, or none worth reporting.  The way things post on here is fine.  Nothing wrong with the occasional "I like it long/short also" post.

The one pet peeve I have is when posters take offense if a celeb does, or does not cut their hair, as if they grow it, or cut it to spite the poster.  We need to remember that most Celebs today cut, or don't cut their hair as a matter of personal choice, even if that choice is for a role.

An example of this is Lisa Cimorelli, who last year cut her long, gorgeous hair into an amazingly cute pixie, and has gone shorter and shorter.  Several posters say "She should shave her head".  To this I say really?  Why?  Because YOU want her to?  Lisa Cimorelli (and all other women) should do with their hair what they want to do with it.  We don't have to like it, we can have suggestions, but we should not dictate.  It's a little creepy at times.
TDurden2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 11:07am
I was first introduced to HB through JerkyFlea caches when the board popped up.  I'd say it's really the only celeb hair "site".  I've searched and didn't find anything with this function.  The board changed once when it went from JF's reporting to a board. I think it has to change again.  The last BIG  (poster engagement) topic was J-Law's pixie cut from like a 1/2 decade ago.

Bc there aren't always many topics with new posts - and it's always the same 4-5 ppl - I get excited when I see [x new replies] on a topic only to click on it and find "I agree/disagree".  Would it kill to include a pic? something? 

A celeb keeping steady on a style is an update.  For example Katherine Waterson is still strong on her bob.  Some have subtle changes; Elizabeth Debicki is sporting a very short bob (had a poshy pixie prev).  And Karen Gillian has pretty much grown out her hair.

I think the board would benefit  from 1) more purposeful/pic posts (just throwing it out there). 2) hitting gettyimages more often for celebs that haven't been mentioned in a while, they've probably done something.  And 3) introducing up and comers(kinda harder to do, but enthusiasts are good at this -  someone went and found Paroousia band members - tiny christian music grp a while back,  Claire Foy - no idea who that was prior to the board...etc.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 11:34am
It says 2013. But doesn't T Durden go way back?

Many of the posters on here have been at it a long time (between 10 and 20 years) and some of us might have more enthusiasm for celebs around our own age--who are now getting older and are not so much in the limelight. I guess it's for the newer posters to pick up the torch in the long run.
jug jug to dirty ears
TDurden2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 12:40pm
TDurden was first acct ...couldn't retrieve pw so TDurden2 came about.  Turns out they use the same pw.  Thx fatmoogas for kinda solving a mini-mystery there ;)  .

back to the ot:  the board's gonna have to evolve regardless.  I haven't really found anything like it around. Including newer celebs will introduce older members to them as well.

For example: no length is really long enough for me.  LUV single length, thick brunette, widow's peak, small forehead, is perfect for me. Untouchable perfection, if not a complete cliche lol,  to me.  I also like seeing hair changes...as long as my favorites (Lorde, Jenna thiam, Alexa Davalos, etc.) aren't making changes I'm all for it.  Point: this board is in the "unique" position to bring celebs with a person's hair prefenrces to that person.  But it lacks invigoration a lot of the time....
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 1:31am
I come here to see the pictures of attractive celebs with new or interesting hairdos.

I don't post often because many people beat me to it.

Peace to all
TDurden2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 1:34am
I think most come for the pics....which tend to be lacking on *MANY* posts

yeah ppl *COULD* be nicer..maybe at least this time of year ? lol
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 2:01am
Kramer is the man for pics.
jug jug to dirty ears
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic