Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Mother used to say......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane k. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane k. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Mother used to say......
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Hello Everyone,Just a thought to ponder. My mother used to say "if someone is picking on you just try an ignore them. They cant get your goat if you dont let them!" "Those kind of people make themselfs feel better buy hurting others." "And as long as you are feeling good about who you are no one can take that away from you!"So In my opinoin sometimes its better to not respond to some people than to full that ever burnig fire!Just my thought for the day!Happy Heathy HairDiane K.
andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:54pm
Hi there,I used to be a teacher, and I have seen so many kids hurt by the things their peers say to them that I worry about this advice (often though one hears it).Sure, there are times when you can shrug it off, but why should you? If people get the idea that hurtful comments can always be shrugged off - then they have no incentive to stop making them.I just worry about the "sticks and stones" arguementandy
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Hello Everyone,> Just a thought to ponder. My mother used to say> "if someone is picking on you just try an ignore> them. They cant get your goat if you dont let> them!" "Those kind of people make themselfs> feel better buy hurting others." "And as> long as you are feeling good about who you are no one> can take that away from you!"> So In my opinoin sometimes its better to not respond> to some people than to full that ever burnig fire!> Just my thought for the day!> Happy Heathy Hair> Diane K.Hello Diane:Yeah on web sites I can see that rule applying no problem. IN real life sometimes you really have to fight. I remember when a bully was going to really hurt my brother and I nail him a good one and I sent to the principal office for being the bully's bully. lol The male was twice my size and the worse one in school.My family said another saying. If you can't say something positive in life than shut up.
Diane k. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane k. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Hi there,> I used to be a teacher, and I have seen so many kids> hurt by the things their peers say to them that I> worry about this advice (often though one hears it).> Sure, there are times when you can shrug it off, but> why should you? If people get the idea that hurtful> comments can always be shrugged off - then they have> no incentive to stop making them.> I just worry about the "sticks and stones"> arguement> andyHi Andy and Diane from Canada,I understand both your points. I guess I was being to vaig.The last couple of dayes there have been some mean things said. I think that if someone is so off course with a bad attitude that we shouldnt encourage it. You can only argue your point so far. If someone is persitant in being negative nothing you can say will change it. So why let them get the best of you? Were better than that arnt we?I do agree with you both you have to stand up for what is right and what you belive in. Thats very important but when someone is just antagizing you for thrills its worth not fuling the fire. Maybe for the sake of coversation but not when its on a personal level.Thanks for listinig to my opinion.Happy healhy hair,Diane K.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:55pm
> Hi Andy and Diane from Canada,> I understand both your points. I guess I was being to> vaig.> The last couple of dayes there have been some mean> things said. I think that if someone is so off course> with a bad attitude that we shouldnt encourage it. You> can only argue your point so far. If someone is> persitant in being negative nothing you can say will> change it. So why let them get the best of you? Were> better than that arnt we?> I do agree with you both you have to stand up for what> is right and what you belive in. Thats very important> but when someone is just antagizing you for thrills> its worth not fuling the fire. Maybe for the sake of> coversation but not when its on a personal level.> Thanks for listinig to my opinion.> Happy healhy hair,> Diane K.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic