Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis Morissette short again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis Morissette short again
    Posted: April 06 2018 at 10:17pm
Still looking for positive confirmation, but browsing her IG page and it sure looks like she went really short again. Was that awful blonde color recently, so maybe she cut it all off for a fresh start? I'm hoping so...loved hers short!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2018 at 8:55am
yay
jug jug to dirty ears
P-nut gallery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2018 at 12:29pm
was looking trying to find a pic..she doesn't really have the face for short hair does she? (judging from her older short hair pics.  or maybe it was just the style chosen)
TDurden2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2018 at 7:22pm
from her instagram acct, Alanis chopped it off around late-mid March...
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2018 at 7:37pm
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2018 at 8:33pm
Ouch!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2018 at 12:02pm
Shocked This cut may be more shocking, but far less disappointing than the time in 2004 when she chopped. I was  a HUGE fan of hers then, not as much now. I own a beautiful 2x3 ft. vinyl of her from those days with her sensuous hair flowing. 
Alanis is one of those women who can look gorgeous with long locks, but very plain with short. This cut, in particular, is horrid. It's a choppy 3 mo. grown-out looking manifestation of what I would have assumed was a poor cut on Day One. I see a lot of attractive short haircuts on women every day, but Alanis gets one which a child could improve upon with her Barbie doll. 
If the woman wants short hair, fine, but find someone with the talent to cut hair! LOL
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2018 at 2:42pm
Wow, didn't realize it had been 14 years since she went from longhair icon to a face in the crowd. That was the cut that almost made me give up this site for good. Rather than comment further, I'll go on to the next post.
Who has more fun than people?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 7:05am
Maybe it was a joke? Havent heard anything more.
jug jug to dirty ears
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 7:24am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Maybe it was a joke? Havent heard anything more.

It's not. If you search #alanismorissette on IG you'll see dozens of pics and videos of her in concert the last few days.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:25am
even if it was a joke ...i'm not laughing
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 5:06pm
You Oughta Know that I'm going to hold onto my Precious Illusions from when Alanis was driving men Head Over Feet with her beautiful waterfall of locks. I know that this comment is Uninvited, but I am struggling to applaud since I have One Hand in My Pocket. You all can wipe your Hands Clean of my comments here, but remember, I am Not the Doctor, but I simply play one on the internet. 
Well, time to return to The Couch, where I offer No Apologies for thinking that Alanis should forevermore impose a haircut Moratorium on herself and refrain from "styles" which can be labeled So Unsexy. 
Thank U! Geek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-nut gallery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 10:51pm
now isn't that ironic...don't you think?

orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 11:21pm
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.  I not saying anything.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 7:18am
I am and always was indifferent to her music.
jug jug to dirty ears
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2018 at 7:56pm
HAWG
Kathryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2018 at 11:33pm
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2018 at 10:28am
All I can say is (sigh).
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2018 at 11:49am
Thing is, Alanis has said in interviews many, many times that she gives zero F$#ks what anyone things about her looks.  She cuts/doesn't cut her hair depending on mood, with zero regard to how fans will react...  IMHO She is a beautiful woman who can look great with long, medium and short hair as long as it is styled...  Her hair neither adds nor detracts from what I think about her music, which is how she wants it.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 1:19pm
Thing is, Alanis has said in interviews many, many times that she gives zero F$#ks what anyone things about her looks.  She cuts/doesn't cut her hair depending on mood, with zero regard to how fans will react...  IMHO She is a beautiful woman who can look great with long, medium and short hair as long as it is styled...  Her hair neither adds nor detracts from what I think about her music, which is how she wants it.

Hmmm... I read recently that she considers her original, more attractive cut in 2004 to have been a "mistake". But nonetheless, what's done is done. Since many here are already outraged by some of my un-PC comments, I will say this: Her long hair made her look current and youthful, and when people attend her concerts, they want to feel that they are *in the moment* of the mid to late 90's, and not witnessing some retro show.
BTW, I have been invited by my youngest daughter to see Alanis in concert soon. I don't know yet.  Wacko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic