Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member Hello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pier23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pier23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member Hello!
    Posted: October 07 2018 at 11:46am
Hi All!

I have been cutting my wife’s hair ever since I gave her her first short haircut on our third date. Her waist-length hair was a hassle to maintain, and being on a farm with horses, it got in the way. But she didn’t want to go to a salon because she didn’t like going to salons, the then if it were shorter, she would have to keep returning.

I had been informally studying haircutting and styling, and thought about going into the field professionally, but other pursuits beckoned. I had cut my sisters’ hair and my mother’s, and a few girlfriends would consent to trims, so I had some decent experience to draw on when she sat on her back deck and bent her head to accept the scissors and clippers that took her to her first cropped pixie.

Here is my question: we have gotten into a routine of letting her hair grow longer in the winter - covering her ears, below the collar and longer layers, the cropping her hair shorter in the warmer weather. I will take the back to a half or quarter inch, a little longer on the sides, then graduating layers on top, shorter at the crown and longer bangs.

But this has become very predictable. My wife has a lovely face, and wears short hair well, but what options am I missing to give her something different than what we have been doing for many years now?
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 8:11pm
If you have a set of clippers, you can try an undercut. 

There's always a side buzz, or give the sides a number 2 and the top a 4 or 5. Experimentation is always fun. 
Peace to all
JeannaDark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeannaDark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 8:20am
Hi, for short hair for women, a long time ago they came up with a bunch of cool hairstyles, just look  - http://therighthairstyles.com - here and I'm sure you will find something suitable. I always do this when my style gets tired;) 

Edited by JeannaDark - December 17 2018 at 7:27am
JaneH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 3:10pm
Hi new to the board-transgender male to female whom loves the salon for color, highlights, roller sets and perms.  My current stylist would like to give me a braided updo with added hair.  Thoughts please?
Jane
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 11:00pm
Welcome, JaneH. 

It's hair, have fun and if you trust your stylist, let them go wild. 
Peace to all
JeannaDark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeannaDark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 7:25am
It's great that more people and more hairstyles appear! I love hairstyles! Vintage... Mmm..
JaneH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 7:10am
Tongue Thanks for the reply Jeanna!  Love to talk with you about hair anytime!
Jane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic