Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long feminine hair for guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maikross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maikross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long feminine hair for guys
    Posted: July 18 2019 at 11:05pm
Hello everyone

I would like to reopen this topic and once again ask: what do you think about guys with long feminine hair. And this time I don't mean these kind of extreme feminine hairstyles. The styles I mean are the styles you see for example on the victorias secret fashion shows, in shampoo commercials or in women fashion catalogues. Layers, wavy, curled with large hot rollers, ombre, lived in, balayage. There are guys who have hair like this. I myself have my hair just below collarbone. I love long hair, I love long hair on women and I would love to see these hairstyles more often on men or that there wouldn't be any difference in men and women hair. Yes a lot of you will post: there are no rules, and there is no gender in hair. As i said, on instagram you see a lot of guys with long feminine hairstyles. But i think most of them are gay. And I don't want to offend anyone. I think it is great. You guys are opening the path. You dont need no ancouragement. But what i am interested in are the straight guys who still need the courage to grow their hair long and style in a feminine way. Thats why i am asking you: what do you think, what is the point of view of the women on this forum? I posted a link down below to my hair gallery on instagram. I Iove all of them and would love to try all of them myself or see them on other men. What do you guys think. Which one do you think would match with a suit, a beard. I actually think all of them, just because i think long hair on men does look great.

https://www.instagram.com/maik_ross_82/

So let me know what you think!
Cindy_J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cindy_J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2020 at 11:25pm
Nice link. Lovely hair pics on the ig link. Is any of the pics yours?
Ricc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 2:13pm
Well, I don't do Instagram so I can't see your pictures, Maik, but I've got a good idea of what you mean. I seems to be quite similar to you in that I'm straight male who has always had a great appreciation for what might have been called feminine hairstyle and have worn many myself. I'm an older chap who has worn long hair most of my adult life. Early on I even did curler set styles of various types. In the early '90s I grew it to about waist length and often just wore it long and swingy-- though it can be tricky with car doors. These days I keep mine about the same length as yours, at various lengths between the shoulders and bottom of the shoulder blades.

I mostly just blow dry with a big round brush and smooth it with a bit of oil and mousse, then wear it down or in a ponytail or braided. Much of the time around the house or yard, though (such as right now), I'll bun it up with a short plastic alligator tooth clip. On occasion I'll even do a donut bun when I go out somewhere-- sometimes wearing it low behind a baseball cap.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic