Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair and HEATWAVE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diane K. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long hair and HEATWAVE!!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:04pm
Hello all,It been a scorcher here in Michigan the last few days!!! I was woundering what your best advice or technics are for keeping cool and looking GOOD at the same time? I havent had my hair this long before and could use some helpful hints on differnt ways to keep it up.Thanks!!Happy Healthy Hair!Diane K.
Jodie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
I had very long hair up until 4 months ago. I live in Darwin Australia where it's hot for about 8 months of the year. Towards the end of summer I got tired of having to put it up all the time so I went and got it all cut short. I will tell you this, that it was the best thing I ever did, it now feels clean and fresh and I don't think I will ever have it long again. It felt strange for about the first week but not now. I have had 2 haircuts since the last one was a buzz.The buzz was a bit extreme but I'll get used to it.I don't no if you've ever had short hair before (I never did) but I suggest you give a short cut a try, I recommend it.Jodie
Kim, a Newbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim, a Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
Hi Diane. My hair is nearly waist length and thick, and it can drive me so crazy during the summer. I like to put it up with homemade hair sticks and bun covers, which get me a lot of compliments and keep me from feeling too school-marmish. I also like to wear a single french braid, which takes care of the shorter pieces, and I've also found some really great styles in the Klutz Press book Hair: A Book of Braiding and Styles. It comes with three scrunchies, and has very clear directions, I think.One caveat: if you wear your hair up in a style that exposes your neck, be sure to wear sunscreen. I have been known to forget sometimes, and it's pretty embarrassing when just your neck gets sunburned.Stay cool.Kim
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
> Hello all,> It been a scorcher here in Michigan the last few> days!!! I was woundering what your best advice or> technics are for keeping cool and looking GOOD at the> same time? I havent had my hair this long before and> could use some helpful hints on differnt ways to keep> it up.> Thanks!!> Happy Healthy Hair!> Diane K.Hi Diane,Some ideas to "beat the heat" that allow you to keep your hair at the same time...Ponytails, braids, buns, twists are a few general ideas.Of course, a beautiful lady with beautiful long hair looks great no matter how she wears her hair.Perhaps some of the other helpful people here can offer some more specific advice and ideas.Happy healthy long hair to you, Diane! :-)Dave
David M Squires
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
> Hello all,> It been a scorcher here in Michigan the last few> days!!! I was woundering what your best advice or> technics are for keeping cool and looking GOOD at the> same time? I havent had my hair this long before and> could use some helpful hints on differnt ways to keep> it up.> Thanks!!> Happy Healthy Hair!> Diane K.Hello DianeI am no expert on hair but IT DO GET A WITTLE BIT WARM DOWN HERE ON THE GULF COAST(sorry I'm not being sarcastic).Try putting it up in ponytails, braids or something like that. If you do keep them off the neck and leave them a little loose, some air flowwhen you move or the breeze blows will sure help. Also watch out for that deadly redneck malady, it does not look good and it hurts to.Just remember that for you winter is a closer than for most people, wait it out. Stay cool
Diane K. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:05pm
Thanks,For all your "cool" words of wisdome! Ill be trying some of the things you suggested. Jodie I have had short hair for most of my life and loved it especialy in the summer. But I needed a change and longer hair is for me right now. I hope you enjoy keeping it short. Short hair is alot of fun as well! It can make you feel spunky! :)Happy healthy Hair!Diane K.
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
> I had very long hair up until 4 months ago. I live in> Darwin Australia where it's hot for about 8 months of> the year. Towards the end of summer I got tired of> having to put it up all the time so I went and got it> all cut short. I will tell you this, that it was the> best thing I ever did, it now feels clean and fresh> and I don't think I will ever have it long again. It> felt strange for about the first week but not now. I> have had 2 haircuts since the last one was a buzz.> The buzz was a bit extreme but I'll get used to it.> I don't no if you've ever had short hair before (I> never did) but I suggest you give a short cut a try, I> recommend it.> JodieNO, NO, NO, NO!!! BAD GIRL!!!
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
> Hi Diane. My hair is nearly waist length and thick,> and it can drive me so crazy during the summer. I like> to put it up with homemade hair sticks and bun covers,> which get me a lot of compliments and keep me from> feeling too school-marmish. I also like to wear a> single french braid, which takes care of the shorter> pieces, and I've also found some really great styles> in the Klutz Press book Hair: A Book of Braiding and> Styles. It comes with three scrunchies, and has very> clear directions, I think.> One caveat: if you wear your hair up in a style that> exposes your neck, be sure to wear sunscreen. I have> been known to forget sometimes, and it's pretty> embarrassing when just your neck gets sunburned.> Stay cool.> KimTHE WORLD NEEDS MORE WOMEN LIKE YOU, KIM.
Kim, a Newbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim, a Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:06pm
> THE WORLD NEEDS MORE WOMEN LIKE YOU, KIM.Well, thank you!I should also mention that exposed ears can get sunburned, without a hat, so take care everyone, and enjoy your summer!Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic