Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair on men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 11:35pm
i had long hair before.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:39pm
same here young L
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2004 at 8:21pm
Dave's Quote:
Actually, when I think of men who are insufferably pompous, the only ones that come to mind are short-haired (have you ever heard of Keyshaun Johnson? You're British, thank your lucky stars on this one). I also think of certain business execs who have scandalized their companies in recent years -- Andrew Fastow and others at Enron, Bernie Ebbers at WorldCom, Dennis Kozlowski at TYCO -- all short haired.

Well a lively thread ! I'll throw in with you fellows.1st Dave it's unfair to link a hand full of C.E.O's as pompous since they have short hair,it's also unfair to link any one in the entertainment industry or the arts for having long hair for simuliar reasons.
Someone wrote "longhired people always want to be the center of attention"Well thats true but not for bad reasons.Look at the indutry they represent ,a hairstylist has to be the center of attention in his salon.He must put forth the persona of someone thats not to conservative with hairstyle,and long hair fits the bill for a bold stylist,that wants to attract a trendy clientel.
Musicians same thing.Artists their in their own world ,not just the famous ones either.Go to the auto body shop sometime,and look at the (custom painters) or the guy that handles graphics and pinstripping .If they dont have long hair they do something that makes them stick out.
In late 60's early 70's long hair was the style of the day,and their where many A-holes sporting it.
Abbey Hoffman ,Tom Hayden,and the main leader of the counter culture Charlie Manson.The entire counter culture Where pompass, and foolish.
I would'nt lump everyone in that era as pompass.That would be unfair.
C.E.O's also have to present a certain image.Their are people that entertain us,then their are people that handle our money,and our jobs,and our health when we are sick.
They must put forth a clean cut apperance,or they wont be taken seriously.That does not in any way implie a long haired person is not capable of the same achievments.Likewise a short haired musician is not capable of makeing good music.As you can see mens hairstyle tell's what he wants others too think about him, as much as he wants to feel about himself.
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 12:01am
Quote s you can see mens hairstyle tell''s what he wants others too think about him, as much as he wants to feel about himself.

I disagree.

I have hair that's reaching my waist now. I am VERY conservative on political and social issues, yet some people think just the opposite when they first meet me.

This is one of the reasons that kept me from growing my hair all the previous years. (I began at 35.....I''m now 39).

I reached a point in my life that I thought, "It's either now or never". I'm glad I did. But sometimes conservative men have to reach a point where they just don't care as much what other people think before they can actually begin the the growing process.

I sure wish I had done it when I was younger, but I'm glad finally grew it :)
miss brenda View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 12:55am
Actually many of the men in very conservative places like the rural midwest and the rural south have long hair these days. It started with the outlaw country musicians like Waylon Jennings. Alot of redneck bikers had long hair too. I can remember them from when I was a kid.

I am 28, and when I was a girl in the midwest there were redneck conservative longhaired men all over the place. There still are.

My ex-husband and the father of my two daughters was in some ways conservative and he is a long haired guy. I wear my hair short and he always had hair much longer than my hair.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2004 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by sunsailing sunsailing wrote:

I have hair that's reaching my waist now. I am VERY conservative on political and social issues, yet some people think just the opposite when they first meet me.

Hi Sunsailing,

I know a guy who, by appearances (long hair, beard, tatooes), people always assume he's liberal, when in fact he's quite conservative.
Originally posted by sunsailing sunsailing wrote:

This is one of the reasons that kept me from growing my hair all the previous years. (I began at 35.....I''m now 39).

I reached a point in my life that I thought, "It's either now or never". I'm glad I did. But sometimes conservative men have to reach a point where they just don't care as much what other people think before they can actually begin the the growing process.

I sure wish I had done it when I was younger, but I'm glad finally grew it :)

I know how you feel. But for me, political ideology was the least of it. How people would treat me with long hair was more my concern at the time I started growing.

Oh, and welcome to the HB boards. Nice to see you here.
Long Haired 50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Haired 50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 5:23pm
Hi,I am a man 53 years old and my hair is halfway down my back.I wear it in a ponytail and straight.I don't care what other people think.I love my hair and I'll have my long hair untill I die.
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2004 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Long Haired 50 Long Haired 50 wrote:

Hi,I am a man 53 years old and my hair is halfway down my back.I wear it in a ponytail and straight.I don't care what other people think.I love my hair and I'll have my long hair untill I die.
cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic