Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shaving Head. Is it time?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PowderedToastMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowderedToastMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaving Head. Is it time?
    Posted: August 17 2020 at 9:54pm
I am 39 and have been balding for about 13 years now and don't know if I have the head shape to go completely bald, and I hate having facial hair which I am told is basically standard for those that shave their head. And I hate needing hair cuts so often to keep my hair relatively short to under emphasizes my bald areas. I only care about women's opinions when it comes to how my head looks. How can I get a whole lot of female opinions on what I should do?
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2020 at 1:27pm
Well, I'm not a woman, but I shaved my head a year ago and the women I know love it. One of the women I worked with walked by, rubbed my head and said, "you're keeping that." You don't need facial hair to pull off a shaved head, just the confidence that you look good. If your hair is thinning or balding, I say lean into it. If you do it and like it, keep it. If not, after a week, you should have some growth and an amusing story for your friends. 

I did end up growing a beard least month out of boredom due to Covid-19, and curiosity. I like the look, but you may not. If you have a Twitter account, you can always ask the masses, but they can be brutal. Most of the stylists at SportClips are women, you can ask them. Some of them can be tactful and honest. I hope this helps. 

Good luck. 
Peace to all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowderedToastMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2020 at 8:34pm
I do have Twitter, but when you say masses who do you mean? Are there groups on Twitter? Honestly had a better grasp on Twitter a long time back.
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2020 at 1:04pm
By masses, I just mean the people on Twitter who will give their opinion on everything. From what's the best peanut butter to who's the best guitarist? Sometimes those folks can be brutal. It almost seems that they're just mean on purpose.  
Peace to all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowderedToastMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2020 at 10:22pm
How is Twitter used? I largely just follow a few professional people in their fields. How do I "chat" on Twitter? I assumed it was just reading other people's updates on stuff?
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2020 at 2:42pm
You can send direct messages to people. As far as how it is used, typically, the more people you follow, the more follow you back. Find people with similar interest and follow them. 

When you think the time is right, you can create a poll, asking for people's thoughts on shaving your head and include a picture of yourself (if you're not comfortable with that, blur your face in the picture). You will get plenty of input, not all of it is kind, so take it with a grain of salt. 

You may want to tweet a few times to generate interest in you account. Best of luck. 

Peace to all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic