Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did you hear about the NYC stylist?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did you hear about the NYC stylist?
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:09pm
The story was on CNN this morning about the NYC hairstylist (Michael Giovan) who only books customers who are 25 years old and under. He says he is an artist who specializes in "short, trendy" hairstyles and women over 40 years old, he turns away. He was being sued from some woman (who didn't fit his criteria) and has to pay a big fine, etc... He couldn't understand why people were mad at him.
Lynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:09pm
Hello all :-)I actually saw this on "The View". Needless to say, I was amazed!!
Lynn G
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
Hi,Actually a stylist that I USED to go to before Shelley was a guy. At one point I observed that he seemed to spend about double the amount of time with the younger females than he would anyone else.One time while I was waiting for my appointment he spent 20 extra minutes (making me wait and being late for my appointment) fawning over a 20s something blonde with really long hair. It was really obvious to me that he was more focused on her than his other clients who were waiting patiently for him to get to us.I asked his wife about my observation and she rolled her eyes and admitted that...he has a thing for pretty young girls. She obviously was annoyed but also seemed a little embarrassed that I even brought the topic up.Later one of his former assistants confirmed it to me that it was a well known fact that he did spend a noticeable amount of extra time with the younger, prettier girls.I think this NYC guy just was out of the closet about his interests. It is my opinion that a lot of stylists show preference in many ways but don't advertise it. I like having a female stylist now because she seems to give me as much time and attention as she does everyone that comes to her for their hair.Great topic. Thanks for posting it.Karen> Hello all :-)> I actually saw this on "The View". Needless> to say, I was amazed!!
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 9:10pm
I guess it's totally his right to have clients in a specific category, but does he ask for birth certificates??Seriously! I know some women who are 35 who look over 40, and I know some women who are in their mid-40s who could pass for mid-30s!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic